Do you save your old recordings and how?

I've made the mistake to delete all my old videos just recently. But sometimes you need some of those old videos for some new ones. So save the good ones for later.

I save everything. I have a huge backlog of raw footage and pictures backed up on several external storage devices dating back to 2009 until now! I've been doing YouTube for 8 years and have made 1000+ videos/movies. I highly suggest external hard drives!!
What is your workflow and pipeline to store and organising every drive, TheVlogTheory? and how do you find out what was on each drive as the years go by?

I delete my raw files when I upload my final videos to YouTube and I keep most of my YouTube videos on an external hard drive, I try to keep as many videos as I can.

I save all my videos, thumbnails, channel art & even go as far as saving my bio and descriptions. I save it on the computer and external hard drive. I’d say that’s an overkill though. But I like to be safe rather than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually I try to save stuff, but I’ve run into issues in the past with files getting damaged/erased and not enough space. I’d love to sit down one day and get everything organized on an external hard drive though.

Not yet but I probably should, Someday I'll get a 4TB hard drive and store all my lets plays on it.

I typically save my videos and storage in general on both my pc/laptop, and an external hard drive. I'd like to be better safe than sorry if something where to happen to either, I'd still hopefully have the other one.

Back