Do you save your old recordings and how?

CharType

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I save just about everything I record that gets used in a video, in case I want it later for a recut or blooper reel or something. That includes raw footage and any intermediate steps. So that got me thinking, what does everyone else do? Do you save nothing at all? Just the video that you upload? Everything like I do? For me it's to the point where I'm running out of space on my hard drive. I've been using USB drives and I'm thinking about using cloud storage and eventually just investing in an external hard drive. How do you store your footage?

TheVlogTheory

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I save everything. I have a huge backlog of raw footage and pictures backed up on several external storage devices dating back to 2009 until now! I've been doing YouTube for 8 years and have made 1000+ videos/movies. I highly suggest external hard drives!!

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I save everything on my computer and on an external hard disk. My computers hard disk crashed once and I lost everything, that's why I try to save my recordings twice. Even if I'm sure I will never use these clips again after I made a video of it, I need to save them haha

Reactions: TheVlogTheory

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I have to delete raw files after a while.
They take up way too much space. 3TB doesn't hold very long when you make gaming videos.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I save all my footage on a pair of hard drives, just in case one dies. It's easy to do and makes it easy for me to get that footage again if I need it.

Ero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I tend to keep a long list of the raw recordings I make. Not just for bloopers or possible BTS stuff but it holds memories that I can hold close to myself and remember what I've done and how I got to where I am.

GameThumb

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I save finished videos on external drive. Just in case, you never know.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a 1TB external hard drive that I save everything on. My entire channel is on that hard drive so if I ever lost it I'd be screwed. I save all raw footage, photos, audio and final videos on there so I can just access all of it right away if needed without going online. I try to keep it organized as possible with all my folders and files nicely labeled and everything in chronological order. It may be overkill but it helps me keep my channel somewhat professional looking.

I recommend it to anyone if you can.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I save finished videos, photos etc on my hard-drive. That hard-drive syncs to the cloud in realtime and I also take a weekly backup to an external hard drive. Belt and braces and all that.