Do you save a copy of your video on your local drive?

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been making videos since 2010 and have made over 300 videos on several channels, I use a Seagate 2TB external HDD, I bought it in 2011 and it is nearly full now, I mostly shoot with a Canon EOS 550D and a GoPro Hero 3+, both of which eat a lot of memory, I keep all my raw footage as well as my final edited video.

Reactions: ASMRher

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I save all videos including the raw unedited ones.My reason is its my daughters channel and to me is like any other video of her growing up and nice to keep.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just a different perspective, but to reduce digital clutter i definitely don’t back my videos up. every single embarrassing video I’ve uploaded to YouTube since my first channel in 2008 still exists and all it takes is me remembering my old usernames to come across them and rediscover them.

having too much on my computer that i don’t use is just the same as owning too many things that i don’t use. not as beneficial as you might think!!

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
Personally, I rather have copies of my own work in my own hard drive. I keep raw files and final exports but I do clean unused raw files before archiving anything. Storage solutions are way more accessible nowadays.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

WatchMoses

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do keep them atleast for the short term. They stay on my harddrive for a month before being deleted. If I saved every video it would take up too much space. If your channel gets to the point where you would need old footage as a "rewind" or something you could always redownload it. Can't say I really see the real need to keep ALL footage.

Reactions: ASMRher

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
I keep a copy of my raw files on my laptop, my backup server and my backup servers backup.

I keep my exported video on my backup server and it's backup. Usually there's a copy on my portable hard drive too.

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
I keep a final copy with all of the project files but I keep them on an external drive not the local drive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Yes, I always have them on my local drive. And on an external hard disk. And on my other computer.
I've seen that like the first 10 seconds of a video are often f***** up on youtube, I would get mad if I had to watch my video like this. So I keep them to watch them not on youtube.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I keep the finalized video on my main hard drive with a backup drive I connect every now and again to keep and backup the bulk of them. Theres really no need for the raw files (Unless its B roll you can use in any video) I delete all raw footage except B roll after the videos uploaded. Keeps everything nice and tidy on my hard disk lol.