Do you reply to the comments on their video's comment section?

Do you reply to the comments on their video's comment section?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

TimChan

I've Got It
Reaction score
So who here replies to their comments on their video's comment section?

I'm fairly new to Youtube (2 weeks in) and I recently just uploaded my first short film. Got a few comments, but not sure if I should reply to them or not. I'm very appreciative for the comments, but I see some of my favorite channels and I don't see any of the video creators responding to any of the comments so this is why I'm wondering if I should or should not.

I've been told I should not because it doesn't seem "professional"...not sure how it doesn't seem professional. But what are your takes on this subject?

XardicPenguin

A Flightless Bird. What Do You Want To Know?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
You should always reply to every comment. Unless it is flat out spam of course. This creates interactivity with the audience and makes them feel special which makes them come back. 100% Recommended for smaller channels :)

metuske

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm always replying, I like to keep contact to my viewers, and I think thats very important, for them to see that you're into that.

Chace Nobody

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I reply to all my comments unless I can't think of something witty to say back besides "lol". I've had great conversations in the comments section :)

Camille Montpetit

Poutine's lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I reply to every single comment. Since I'm a small channel, thats an advantage I can use plenty.

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I reply to most of my comments, I try.
I don't think it's unprofessional at all as long as you aren't sounding dumb with your replies. People love getting replies in general.

TimChan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick responses! :)

How about if the majority of the comments is complimenting your video? All comments on my video has been positive statements and haven't got any "discussion" type of comments yet. Should I just reply expressing my gratitude for their compliments like "Thank you"?

Reactions: TheWillBox

Christopher Johnson

I Bring You Good Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I try to reply to all of them, they took the time to watch your videos, you should really tried to reply to them if you can

TimChan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Any of you attempt to create conversation on the comment section by asking other users questions after they posted a comment?