Do you rely on Extensions?

Do you rely on VidiQ/TubeBuddy

• Total voters

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Alright so after diving a little deeper into some SEO stuff I noticed that the likes of VidiQ & TubeBuddy are very very popular in terms of helping you get higher in the search results.

Do any of you use
VidiQ or TubeBuddy and do you rely on it when uploading your videos?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I know they are super popular, and one of the things people suggest every creator needs to use, but I've never used them. It's one of those things that I know I should try to use, but I haven't yet...

Reactions: FawX

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I use Tubebuddy. It helped me streamlining thumbnails and tags to an extent. Of course, using the free version I'm very limited but I found it useful.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I tried tube buddy out in the beginning. Even had a trial of the full version for a while. I did find it useful but I didn't think it was all that either. I didn't think it was worth paying for and the free version is fairly limited. I wouldn't discourage anyone from using it but I personally don't think it is a must have. It's free to download and try give it a shot and see what you think for yourself

Andreassandström

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tried tube buddy out in the beginning. Even had a trial of the full version for a while. I did find it useful but I didn't think it was all that either. I didn't think it was worth paying for and the free version is fairly limited. I wouldn't discourage anyone from using it but I personally don't think it is a must have. It's free to download and try give it a shot and see what you think for yourself

Yeah, I could not agree with you more on that. I have used on another channel that I helped out with but I do not think its a must have.

On my channel I use nothing of any helping. as I am reaching out to the people that I need to reach out to (just send them a link of a certain video) right now. Maybe in the future I might try one of these out a bit more.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do I 'rely' on either, no. I could get by without either. That being said, TubeBuddy does have a holiday special. I don't have permissions to post links but if you visit their website or search for TubeBuddy Holiday Upgrade 2018, there is a special offer until the 25th.

I use the 'Pro' level of TubeBuddy mainly so that I can have pre-set "Profiles" for my recurring videos (preset description, tags). With the free upgrade until the 25th, I am taking advantage of it because the Star level has a 'Find and Replace' feature. I went through all of my 2,000+ videos and removed some items/links or I swapped and replaced others.

If you use the free version, you get a 1-level upgrade as well.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think either of them are all that great. I have TubeBuddy sitting there, just to watch it fail. It tells me nothing I don't already know, it suggests no worthwhile tags, it really doesn't do anything that I can't do and don't do better on my own. I wish it was useful, it just isn't.

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
What are these you speak of? I do everything manually... should I be using one of these?

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know they are super popular, and one of the things people suggest every creator needs to use, but I've never used them. It's one of those things that I know I should try to use, but I haven't yet...
I'v only just discovered it through going into some marketing and advertising stuff and noticed both of them boating how it was a must have tool for content creators. Curious as to how many people actually 'rely' on it.

I use Tubebuddy. It helped me streamlining thumbnails and tags to an extent. Of course, using the free version I'm very limited but I found it useful.
I think its by design they limit what you can do on the free version. I haven't personally used TubeBuddy but I am interested in how many people have and vouch for it.

Your answer further expresses my curiosity. Both these sites boast a large number of users and make it out to be a must have for all content creators. Is it really a must have for how limited it is?

Do I 'rely' on either, no. I could get by without either. That being said, TubeBuddy does have a holiday special. I don't have permissions to post links but if you visit their website or search for TubeBuddy Holiday Upgrade 2018, there is a special offer until the 25th.

I use the 'Pro' level of TubeBuddy mainly so that I can have pre-set "Profiles" for my recurring videos (preset description, tags). With the free upgrade until the 25th, I am taking advantage of it because the Star level has a 'Find and Replace' feature. I went through all of my 2,000+ videos and removed some items/links or I swapped and replaced others.

If you use the free version, you get a 1-level upgrade as well.
So would you say its not a big deal? Its more convenient than anything? I'm curious as to what you thought of as a "Pro" user.

I don't think either of them are all that great. I have TubeBuddy sitting there, just to watch it fail. It tells me nothing I don't already know, it suggests no worthwhile tags, it really doesn't do anything that I can't do and don't do better on my own. I wish it was useful, it just isn't.
I know where your coming from. Have you used either of them recently? I'm going to be adding VidiQ later when I come home from work to see what its like.

What are these you speak of? I do everything manually... should I be using one of these?
Not so much that you should be using one. They boast a large user base along with top quality features and even better features if you decide to pay for a "Pro" version.

i've done just fine without them.
How long did you spend using them? Were they really not all that much?