Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Do you really need an 100 subs to get an custom URL ?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by AngelineCommander, Oct 12, 2017.

1. AngelineCommander
    Cash:
    $39
    I'm wondering if there is way I could get an custom URL without an 100 subs on my channel or do I really need an 100 to get one for my channel on youtube ?

I'm only at 59 subs on youtube and really want an custom url for my channel

2. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $22
    Nope. It is a rule Youtube has enforced and since Youtube is the one who grants you your custom URL, there is no way around this. You just have to be patient and establish your channel as best as you can.

3. AngelineCommander
    Cash:
    $39
    Ah well guess I'll have to wait for those another 41 subs to unlock custom url on my channel

4. kemie
    Cash:
    $0
    yes you definately do...

5. Ocean Chan
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $75
    It'll be a nice goal to achieve when you get there!
    Theres lots of these functions to "unlock"
    E.g. once you get 1000 subs you can do live vids

6. Jamie Lee Bones
    Cash:
    $43
    Is this a thing? You need 1000 subs to go Live? I didn't know that :(

EDIT: Okay I just checked my account setting and it says I'm eligible for Live and I'm nowhere near 1000 subs. I see what mean though about unlocking different things :)

#6 Jamie Lee Bones, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. Pixel & Bracket
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $122
    1. No you don’t need 100 subs to have a custom url. You can also link an associated website to bypass the 100 sub limit, that’s what I did when I first created my channel. Look at youtube’s documentation on custom url’s and follow their directions.

2. You no longer need 1000 subs to go live, and that was only on mobile. It’s available to everyone now.

zhkopec likes this.
  8. AngelineCommander
    Cash:
    $39
    I've already added an site but didn't unlock Custom URL

9. Pixel & Bracket
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $122
    It is difficult to find information on this, I may need to search from desktop and not mobile. Here’s an article detailing it some if you scroll down a bit: pradeepsingh.com/custom-youtube-url

I do remember having to place a code on my site to verify it with google and such.

10. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $23
    I was sure that the 100 subscribers was a Youtube rule. That is all we hear anyways:) I never heard that you can link an associated website and then bypass the 100 subscribers rule så that´s news to anyway:) I could do live videos too when i had less than 1000 subs (not that i need that feature:))