Do you read your script or memorize it?

TChop

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys I'm actually busy making a video but I'm noticing that my actual voice recording isn't going so well. It just doesn't feel natural really. It's a 15 minute video. When you guys record your voice do you actually read the script or do you memorize the lines? Also when you record a longer video, do you record it in one take or do you record piece by piece?

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
When I'm doing a rant or whatever, I read the script and I edit my mistakes with Adobe Audition. My let's play commentary is obviously with no script altough I still edit some mistakes

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I read the script piece by piece. Honestly, I already make enough mistakes recording my lines individually. Trying to record long scripts would just mean they'll never get done.

If reading from a script feels too unnatural for you, perhaps you can try typing down short talking points to discuss. That way, you can freely elaborate on the points you have in front of you without forgetting what you were going to talk about.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I read mine straight off the script...I normally do a scan read through to check for grammar and to also make sure I can read it without it sounding to robotic before I start recording, though I will adlib the odd sentence or two if it helps the review sound better and more naturalistic if I think it needs it. if I had to memorize every script I wrote I'd be burnt out by the end of the first month xD