Do you plan on transforming your channel in the future?

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We all know many channels end up dying if they keep repeating things over and over none stop which can sometimes lead to a complete dead channel or just a stuck channel which cant breakthrough to million or whatever subscribers.For me i love vlogging although i decided to take the gaming route for now in the future i want to be vlogging and gaming.I will only risk adding vlogs to my channel when i have a big following.Anyway let me hear opinions on this.Do you guys plan on changing your channel in the future or just plan on staying the same?.I have seen a lot of big youtubers transforming their channels such as angryjoe who now is a movie reviewer/gaming channel and many others.

Aloiine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So far I am a very small "gaming" Youtuber (playing Minecraft hehe) but I plan to play more games in the future. BUT I do not plan to change it completely to... let's say a vlog channel. In that case I rather start a new :3

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would definitely change the flow of my channel. For me, the most important part of my channel is my personality. If my viewers get tired of gameplays and reactions, I'll see what other route I could implement and still keep my comedic persona. I never want to be just one genre. Because I think that could become very boring and very repetitive quick. At a small channel size, you're more at liberty to branch out and experiment, and that way your viewers know that you're diverse from the beginning before they subscribe.

Reactions: KingUsher

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
My channel is my channel. I'm not going to cater to the pressure of whether or not my subs will like it. If I decide to start making different types of content, then I will. Gotta stay passionate about it or it's not going to be fulfilling.

What I've found though, is I'm adding different styles of content all the time, and I think a lot of people watch youtubers for that persons's personality and feel a genuine connection to them. For instance, I watch Draw with Jazza and he started doing Daily Jazza, a vlog, and that became my preferred content from him even tho it was different enough that he created a whole sepearate channel for it (which I won't ever do). And if he started doing let's play's or something I'd follow that too because I really like him as a person, it's not necessarily about the content.

TheCameronWatson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My channel has changed so much over the years already, but that will happen after 4-5 years, especially when I started at age 15/16, my choice in what I want to make is going to massively change. I think however I have stayed true to what I wanted to do, the channel was for my life, and right now that's what it is, with a few other bits thrown in here and there. I would like to start making comedy sketches but that's gonna take a while to set up.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
We've been evolving as we've been doing this and approaching 3 years of it. Our latest series (which hasn't come out yet) is going to be aimed at gathering more young viewers (really young viewers, since we're a puppetry channel) and that developed because of VidCon. I noticed just how many kids were at the convention and realized that we didn't have a series devoted exclusively for kids, so we made characters and a setup that will work on that level.

We also started doing build-it livestreams, which is something people have been asking for, and that's helped a lot for our watch time.

So yeah, we're always evolving. Evolve or die is a great motto.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think so. I have been doing the same thing with moderate success for years now. I did start out as a CarVlog channel, and once my first cars and coffee video and car review did moderately well I started doing more of that and ultimately phased out and privatized my car vlogs. I got away from swearing as well, which in hindsight is one of the best things that I could have done with the recent videos from YouTubers being demonetized due to swearing. I'll add a classic car project if I ever get in a position to do that. But other than that it's the same ol same ol. And I love every bit of it!

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"At a small channel size, you're more at liberty to branch out and experiment, and that way your viewers know that you're diverse from the beginning before they subscribe.
Exactly what am doing :)
I don't think so. I have been doing the same thing with moderate success for years now. I did start out as a CarVlog channel, and once my first cars and coffee video and car review did moderately well I started doing more of that and ultimately phased out and privatized my car vlogs. I got away from swearing as well, which in hindsight is one of the best things that I could have done with the recent videos from YouTubers being demonetized due to swearing. I'll add a classic car project if I ever get in a position to do that. But other than that it's the same ol same ol. And I love every bit of it!
Nice do what you love.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Just like almost everybody else, my channel is evolving and developing rather than changing. I have recently been offered professional assistance to rebrand my channel and expand it by linking a website and a newsletter for my subs...so that's something exciting I'm looking forward to in the next couple of weeks and will be the biggest "change" my channel has gone through so far.