Do you need to get permission from big artist if you want to use their music?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let say if you wanted to use Drake, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and other top artist songs in your Youtube videos, do you need to have their permission? If so, how can you even reach to them? I been wanting to use some of their songs as my videos but afraid due to copyright strike. I only use music from no copyright sounds for the time being.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I heard you need to obtain a licence from them to use their music and it might not be cheap. Your better off using copyright free music. Just search 'Copyright free music' on Youtube and you will see a whole heap of it. It's what I do and it works well for me and many other creators! Goodluck.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, you need to contact their legal representatives, usually their record label and PURCHASE a license, which will likely not be cheap. They are not going to give you permission for free. Just use copyright free music.

Rambalac

Reaction score
You need licence/permission from any creator whose content you want to use.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe I am wrong but if you include this kind of music in a video isn't only the claim that (almost) instantly Youtube sends and if accepting it you can have your video up and showing normally?

e.g.

Category
Film & Animation
Licence
Standard YouTube Licence
Music in this video
Learn more
Song
Maria
Artist
Colbie Caillat
Licensed by
UMG (on behalf of Universal); Sony ATV Publishing, UBEM, and 1 music rights societies

:)

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, YouTube scans all videos, public and private automatically. If you even upload it, even if you never make it public, it's a violation of their Terms of Service.

easyeasy

Reaction score
I made Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me Karaoke (Acoustic Piano Instrumental karaoke)
IS THAT LEGAL

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Claim is different from a strike, claims you can show but you can't make money off of it and they can put ads on it. Now My advice if you're not making money or never plan on making money with youtube is this, check the copyright policies which should be in the music library section. What gets you the actual strike is if the company takes it down. Copyright policies section gives you a better Idea of what's likely to get taken down.