do you need a webcame?

so I am thinking of buying a webcam maby a really good one with 1080p quality.
because i think it will help growing my channel much faster.

so is a webcam needed in order to grow your channel faster?
what do you guys recommend?

I guess it probably depends on what kind of channel you have and what kind of videos you make. For my channel, a webcam isn't needed at all.

@catmanpatrick I checke out your channel and saw that you are a gamer just like myself. From my experience a cam as a gamer is a great idea and will help you grow much faster. What I did I waited until my viewers asked for a cam and I got one. It also depends if you're a streamer as well. If not I would wait then do a face reveal for more views. Hope this helps.

Really depends on what you want to do with your channel and what you're good at. If you do just fine making your videos interesting with just commentary then a webcam isn't necessary. But if you think you're much better at doing facial expressions and are comfortable enough on camera, then a webcam would probably suit you. Maybe you can go ahead and buy one to see how it works out for you. :)

If you're gonna buy a HD webcam I'd suggest the Logitech C270, It's not the best but certainly very good if you're just starting out!

In my personal opinion, showing yourself on camera helps build that bond between you and your audience easier. That's what I've gotten from my viewers, anyway. One of my subs told me they like my Let's Plays in the same way they like Jack's, Mark's, and Pewd's, which is like the best compliment you can ever get as a gamer.

Webcams are only really best for vlogs, video streaming and reacting to videos. If you're playing horror type games then great because you can react to them.
Also when you shrink your webcam to fit over the video it doesn't stay as 1080p. You may as well get a standard 720p webcam if you really want one.
But I don't think I've ever subbed to a channel because they have a webcam if I'm being honest.

Back