Do you need a niche in comedy?

Bridder

I know finding the right niche is very important. But being funny is enough of a niche right? I currently upload videos which hopefully makes people laugh. But I feel maybe that is not enough of a niche.

What do you guys think?

Sure, if the comedy is surrounding your personality, I'd say that's probably enough of a niche. And pure comedy videos are definitely a genre unto themselves. I'd say the only thing I'd be careful about is going too broad in scope. So don't do, say, funny gaming videos AND stand-up AND animation AND sketch, but stick closer to one style that your viewers can latch onto and describe to others when they're sharing your stuff.

Sure, if the comedy is surrounding your personality, I'd say that's probably enough of a niche. And pure comedy videos are definitely a genre unto themselves. I'd say the only thing I'd be careful about is going too broad in scope. So don't do, say, funny gaming videos AND stand-up AND animation AND sketch, but stick closer to one style that your viewers can latch onto and describe to others when they're sharing your stuff.
Ah thanks for your view on this. I was going mad kept arguing with myself thinking it was and wasn't a proper niche. But I guess it will still be good to find a certain style and be consistent with that.

I know finding the right niche is very important. But being funny is enough of a niche right? I currently upload videos which hopefully makes people laugh. But I feel maybe that is not enough of a niche.

What do you guys think?

we post funny videos that are centric to our personality / relationship. we genuinely have a blast and make each other laugh and it resonates with the audience. the niche i've carved out (still am) is to further dive into our personalities, so for me that was creating a series called "Fort Fridays" where i go on adventures and build ridiculous toilet paper forts and forts in stores. check it out! we'll take a look at your channel and offer any more help we can

we post funny videos that are centric to our personality / relationship. we genuinely have a blast and make each other laugh and it resonates with the audience. the niche i've carved out (still am) is to further dive into our personalities, so for me that was creating a series called "Fort Fridays" where i go on adventures and build ridiculous toilet paper forts and forts in stores. check it out! we'll take a look at your channel and offer any more help we can
Good idea on the fort thing guys. I tweeted you too :) Yea be good to get your thoughts on my channel, thank you both.[DOUBLEPOST=1487184024,1487183864][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was wondering about too, cause it's kind of a big category too. :unsure2:
It is, just looked on your channel, is your more about travels to eastern countries (besides my country lol)?

Well that's the thing, I started this channel when I was living in Japan so it was more vlog-like but I'm trying to direct it into more comedy >__>;; But my channel suggestions are all for people who do stuff about Korea and Japan. :/

Well that's the thing, I started this channel when I was living in Japan so it was more vlog-like but I'm trying to direct it into more comedy >__>;; But my channel suggestions are all for people who do stuff about Korea and Japan. :/
Why don't you do a clab with me and that will still be relatable to your Korea and Japan and comedy the same time :)

Back