Do You Need A Network Now?

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,

It's been a while since I have looked into this. I have been with curse (union for gamers) for 4 years but I recently started a new channel and I wanted to know if a Network\partnership is necessary for gaming channels to earn money now?

I've heard that you don't need a network for gaming channels like you used to. I didn't want to commit to any network with my new channel but if I could just sign up for Google adsense instead then that would be great.

Thankyou for your time,
Jamie (BeanTubes)

ericshift1

Reaction score
MCNs are service providers, do not join one purely for the sake of partnership. If an MCN does offer you something, work with, if they don't avoid them. If all an MCN will do is link you to their CMS account, don't join that MCN.

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
MCNs are service providers, do not join one purely for the sake of partnership. If an MCN does offer you something, work with, if they don't avoid them. If all an MCN will do is link you to their CMS account, don't join that MCN.
Thankyou for your reply. Can I still monetize gaming vidoes without a MCN or have the rules changed?

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thankyou for your reply. Can I still monetize gaming vidoes without a MCN or have the rules changed?
You could always monetize gaming videos yourself, MCNs never had any power with that. They only allowed people to monetize anything for a long while because of content id immunity to scans abuse (which was fixed a while back when google created the managed/affiliate system).

Reactions: BeanTubes

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tha
You could always monetize gaming videos yourself, MCNs never had any power with that. They only allowed people to monetize anything for a long while because of content id immunity to scans abuse (which was fixed a while back when google created the managed/affiliate system).
Thankyou this is what I was hoping to hear. I will have to do it myself.
Thankyou again