Do you need 100 subs to rank high on the YouTube search?

Look at who you are competing with, there are barely any views above a thousand with that topic. You may have gotten lucky with view/watch time as well since you being on the 3-4th list down with 370 views already proved my point of how no one is really competing for this keyword. No big name YouTuber have covered that either. I wouldn't be taking any SEO advice from someone who didn't at least read the SEO facts or discussions on this forum. "Tag efficiently"...alright man, be uneducated about SEO all you want, I'm done here.
Some way to put it "be uneducated", seem like a nice fellow I don't have time to argue with someone, kindest regards.

Some way to put it "be uneducated", seem like a nice fellow I don't have time to argue with someone, kindest regards.
Tagging efficiently is very important to getting your videos discovered. As well as many other things. Thanks for adding actual value to the conversation that did in fact address part of the ops question.

Guys, there has been some good discussion in this thread. Let's not spoil it with bickering. :)

My humble opinion based on my experience on this is that bigger channels will find it easier to rank but it's not the sub count per se that is responsible. What I mean is, there's nothing in the algorithm that says all channels > x subs will rank better. But it's more a case of a channel with a lot of active subs will tend to have a higher view time in those first crucial 48 hours of a video being released and that's what the alogorithm is looking at.

SEO will help it but if it's not getting enough views and watch time it will fall back down. Has happened to me. Started out on top (because I'm the only one who can do SEO haha) and then went down because it wasn't watched enough or someone else had a video with more

Back