Do you monetize your videos?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just a question to kick start this forum some more, do you choose to monetize your videos on YouTube?

Personally I dont monetize my own because of all the bannings over things people shouldnt be held responsible for and I wouldnt want to be put at risk of this happening. I will if I ever become a partner though, definitely.

How about you?

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I will never monetize in the sense that I won´t ever use Adsense. Partnership revenue sharing is something I am more into. Although with musical covers I am not eligible for partnership but exceptions can and have been made for exceptional content uploaders.

The risk of banning is way too high to have Adsense. If you get banned from Adsense you are also restricted for life regarding gaining a YouTube partnership.

Two cents

Jonathan

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will never monetize in the sense that I won´t ever use Adsense. Partnership revenue sharing is something I am more into. Although with musical covers I am not eligible for partnership but exceptions can and have been made for exceptional content uploaders.

The risk of banning is way too high to have Adsense. If you get banned from Adsense you are also restricted for life regarding gaining a YouTube partnership.

Two cents

Jonathan
Thats exactly how I feel, until they have a better customer service for banned users I wont be doing it :D I would hate to be banned for life from something that is a massive part of my life, I swear the top ten partners seem Adsense whitelisted lol

Reactions: JD´s World

3DMOVIEMAN

3D Guru
Reaction score
I have monetized videos, but I'm not yet a partner. I think if your creating all original content, it can be a pretty good move.
But my latest video was disabled for monetization and I have no idea what for, there was no real explanation :(
So it can be tricky to monetize videos.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
This may seem a bit blunt but; Is there a point for small youtubers like us, monetizing our videos, its not exactly our job or anything, until we begin to get large channels that get hundreds of thousands of views on videos, then we should think about it - but I would rather start go for the youtube partnership than just monetizing a few videos

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I monetize my videos because I don't think I'll ever become partner, not any time soon at least. But, after reading these posts, I don't know if I should cancel my AdSense accoutn though just in case.

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I monetize my videos because I don't think I'll ever become partner, not any time soon at least. But, after reading these posts, I don't know if I should cancel my AdSense accoutn though just in case.
Overall being a Youtuber that is not in the top 10 to 50 and partnered it´s quite hazardous to have Adsense because if you get botted, then I mean someone else decides to screw with you Adsense will think it´s you, ban your adsense account and your chances of becoming a YouTube partner are ZERO. There are those that have adsense and are doing just fine... I guess it´s just the paranoid thinking I have, but I won´t risk it... I´d rather wait for partnership, get monetized by YouTube and leave adsense fully out of the picture until the system improves....

Jonathan the paranoid

Reactions: Michael

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If I close my account, would I be able to re-open it in the future?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Woah dont close the account, just disable monetisation on all the videos if you are worried at all, thats the best thing to do and what I have done myself, also in Adsense I cant remember the options name but you can allow authorised sites only to show your adsense ads :)

I have to second what Jonathan has said there, I am ULTRA paranoid when it comes to this lol look at what they have done to us!!!