Do you like shorter lookbooks?

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i recently made this one and unintentionally ended up making it really short and fast paced. Do you prefer this, or would it be better given a little more time?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I think it was very easy to watch because it was so short. I’m not big on lookbooks just because It just reminds me that I don’t have nice clothes lol but this one was entertaining and the music made me feel like I was in an urban outfitters lol :) maybe you can make it a thing like “mini lookbook Monday” or something idk... I know nothing about this. Lol

Reactions: ColletteisaBear

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Great job! This was actually my first lookbook. I’ve heard of the concept before, but never have I actually seen one. I think the shortness of it was good, but I can also see why people may want them longer. I’d say make a bunch of short ones, but have the titles be very specific to what they include

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not the target audience here, but I personally liked its length. I'm not in to lookbooks at all but I actually found that pretty easy to sit through. Much more time & I feel like it would've dragged on a little bit (but like I said, it's not my thing, so maybe some people would prefer that). If your lookbooks doesn't need to be any longer then I wouldn't suggest making them any longer, you know what I mean? I love the editing, by the way. Just keep it up imo (':

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it was very easy to watch because it was so short. I’m not big on lookbooks just because It just reminds me that I don’t have nice clothes lol but this one was entertaining and the music made me feel like I was in an urban outfitters lol :) maybe you can make it a thing like “mini lookbook Monday” or something idk... I know nothing about this. Lol
Aw don’t think that! Most of the time my lookbooks are a challenge to myself to create something new out of what I already have ! But thank you so much for watching and the review!

Reactions: CristyTango

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A lot of vlogger have a lot of jump cuts because it keeps people alert from the angles and shots constantly changing, so fast paced editing will probably help you out a lot in the future, also as mentioned by cristytango the videos being on the shorter side means it's less of a commitment for new viewers to check out the channel.

Palooza Pizza

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Never seen a lookbook before but the pace and music for this video kinda made it feel super cool. also I liked your variations of shots while keeping the rhythm. This was cool to watch

Andie_the_Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah i dont think it was too short, if anything it was the right length. Get the recording down enough and play with effects / transitions instead - nice one!

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A lot of vlogger have a lot of jump cuts because it keeps people alert from the angles and shots constantly changing, so fast paced editing will probably help you out a lot in the future, also as mentioned by cristytango the videos being on the shorter side means it's less of a commitment for new viewers to check out the channel.
That is true! I try to use that technique in vlogging so that my conversations with the camera seem more interesting hahaha. But that is true about new viewers not having to commit to a 10 min video to figure out if they want to stay![DOUBLEPOST=1517284972,1517284937][/DOUBLEPOST]
yeah i dont think it was too short, if anything it was the right length. Get the recording down enough and play with effects / transitions instead - nice one!
I feel like there are so many more transition ideas that I haven't learned yet! Ahhhhh!!!!