Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Do you like shorter lookbooks?

Discussion in 'Reviews & Channel Feedback' started by ColletteisaBear, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ColletteisaBear
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $35
    i recently made this one and unintentionally ended up making it really short and fast paced. Do you prefer this, or would it be better given a little more time?

2. CristyTango
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $177
    I think it was very easy to watch because it was so short. I’m not big on lookbooks just because It just reminds me that I don’t have nice clothes lol but this one was entertaining and the music made me feel like I was in an urban outfitters lol :) maybe you can make it a thing like “mini lookbook Monday” or something idk... I know nothing about this. Lol

ColletteisaBear likes this.
  3. Seansie
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $19
    Great job! This was actually my first lookbook. I’ve heard of the concept before, but never have I actually seen one. I think the shortness of it was good, but I can also see why people may want them longer. I’d say make a bunch of short ones, but have the titles be very specific to what they include

4. tahlia
    Cash:
    $21
    I'm not the target audience here, but I personally liked its length. I'm not in to lookbooks at all but I actually found that pretty easy to sit through. Much more time & I feel like it would've dragged on a little bit (but like I said, it's not my thing, so maybe some people would prefer that). If your lookbooks doesn't need to be any longer then I wouldn't suggest making them any longer, you know what I mean? I love the editing, by the way. Just keep it up imo (':

5. ColletteisaBear
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $35
    Aw don’t think that! Most of the time my lookbooks are a challenge to myself to create something new out of what I already have ! But thank you so much for watching and the review!

CristyTango likes this.
  6. unevenflaps
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $6
    A lot of vlogger have a lot of jump cuts because it keeps people alert from the angles and shots constantly changing, so fast paced editing will probably help you out a lot in the future, also as mentioned by cristytango the videos being on the shorter side means it's less of a commitment for new viewers to check out the channel.

7. Palooza Pizza
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $18
    Never seen a lookbook before but the pace and music for this video kinda made it feel super cool. also I liked your variations of shots while keeping the rhythm. This was cool to watch

8. Andie_the_Lab
    Cash:
    $25
    yeah i dont think it was too short, if anything it was the right length. Get the recording down enough and play with effects / transitions instead - nice one!

9. ColletteisaBear
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $35
    That is true! I try to use that technique in vlogging so that my conversations with the camera seem more interesting hahaha. But that is true about new viewers not having to commit to a 10 min video to figure out if they want to stay!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 30, 2018 ---
    I feel like there are so many more transition ideas that I haven't learned yet! Ahhhhh!!!!