Do you keep all your Youtube projects stored after upload

jamesd1981

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wondering how you deal with storage for your Youtube video`s

My drive space is being taken up so many copies of the same or similar files, I am just wondering if you hold on to your Youtube projects in packed projects folder for re-rendering, or do you delete the project once you have uploaded it ?

I have folders for original & edited versions of video`s, so i won`t lose the original footage regardless, but I have a separate folder for projects only and within these have each project with packed project files so I will never be missing a file to re-render a project.

But as my drive space disappears I am thinking of deleting the projects, I have uploaded to Youtube so should never need to render again ?

Last edited:
Reactions: MattySlug

Jamie

Maestro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I never delete any of my songs :O I usually store them on a seperate hard drive as well in case something happens to my main computer. but I get that if you're a gamer or a vlogger you tend to lose a lot of space due to the amount of videos. Since I "only" produce music, I don't upload that frequently.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I'm always keeping the original files and the files the editing software creates. I might change something in a video, so I don't have to do everything again ( I never did it, so I don't know why the heck i'm doing it haha).

jamesd1981

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
as stuff gets older, and as I care less about it, I end up deleting them.
That`s kind of where I am, I don`t intend to delete any original footage so if i ever want to use it in a different future video it`s still there, I also don`t intend on deleting the finished edited file produced by Cyberlink so if i ever did have to re-upload it`s still there.

It`s more getting rid of all the extra copies in other places to free up some drive space, I think once the projects been uploaded I am not going to make it again so I can delete the actual older projects.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
For each video we create we usually have about 800-1,000 clips of original footage - and my 5TB storage array has been around 90% full for the last year.. So every time I bring in new video, I am forced to delete something.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont keep anything. The second its uploaded everything is deleted and I move on to the next. In the last 5 years I have created 600+ videos and never once thought 'I wish I kept a backup of that'.

Reactions: jamesd1981

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I am probably going to delete all of mine, although I've just been storing it for awhile. Sooner or later I will run out of space though.

jamesd1981

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For each video we create we usually have about 800-1,000 clips of original footage - and my 5TB storage array has been around 90% full for the last year.. So every time I bring in new video, I am forced to delete something.
WOW makes my storage problems seems small, my 2TB is just over half full and i probably average 3-5 clips used in most video`s

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
old footage not yet finished, I end up deleting it. it's just too much crap. what I do keep backed up on two external drives are all my finished videos that have been uploaded already; I would think most people do that.

Reactions: jamesd1981