Do you help others out?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My sub count is nothing spectacular, but since I passed 1K, I've been trying to call attention to other channels I like who are a bit smaller, figuring that we could grow together. I have been sending out collab materials (waiting on their halves, but I know that sort of thing takes time) and posting videos I've liked by them on Twitter and occasionally mentioning them in my own videos.

Do you give a helping hand to other channels? What are some ideas to boost everyone you appreciate?

kevsup

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is so small so there's not much I can do on my own channel to bring others' videos to attention. Of course I've commented and praised others on their videos, but beyond that I haven't done anything fancy. I know Kate from Kate's Adventures makes monthly playlists for small YouTubers so that's pretty awesome

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I ever got a following I think i would personally avoid doing that alot because I couldn't deal with hundreds of people only clicking on my videos to try and promote their channels, obviously collabs aren't a problem but I wouldn't call out loads and loads of channels maybe one or two if I really liked them and watched their videos alot but it would be rare.

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yep, shared a friend's video on Twitter today of a collab we did where my recording failed, hopefully that helps him out a bit although I have like... no following... at all... :joyfulphones:
ANYWAY I think the best and most convenient way to help someone else out, unless you're a big YouTuber who can just shout people out and get them tons of exposure, is just to simply regularly comment on other people's videos, with feedback or just a comedic-type comment, followed by a like if you enjoyed. I think that is a huge way to help someone out, and it usually happens in return if the guy is nice. :crown:

NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I will try to. but I feel that if I was bigger, I could help out the small guys more.

Reactions: xingcat

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah would always help out anyone I could. Only issue is that we are small right now so we can't be of that much help aside just supporting in general.

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If I really like a video, I'll share it on reddit. I've gotten waaay better reception for sharing other people's stuff on reddit than i get for sharing my own stuff on reddit, so helping others is way better for karma XD

Reactions: xingcat

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I never subscribe for the sake of the numbers. I have to like it. But I would love to help more, if I had a higher subscriber count. But I like a lot and share stuff on Reddit if the person deserves more than just 3-4 views on a video.