Do you guys keep a journal?

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Am I the only one that does this? I have a notebook with my long term/short term goals on the first page and then in the notebook I map out my rough plan for ideas for the week. Of course, the videos planned don't always get made, depending on how I feel at the moment of filming.

But I think it's important for me to write out my goals for the short and long terms so I can tick off accomplishments every time I hit a goal.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I used to have a notebook of ideas, but it got wet and became ruined, so now I put everything into a Google Excel document. ^_^

Reactions: Lasersgo

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I would do it on my computer, but I think it's a therapeutic to physically write it out ha.
Yeah...I agree that it's better to write things down. I come up with a lot more ideas when I write them on paper... =/ But I usually try to write them out on a scrap of paper and then transfer them to my computer asap. ^_^

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I use Google Docs for my ideas, I am so much quicker at typing and I find it a lot easier;
Also my handwriting sucks, in a major way.
I'd be too worried about losing my ideas if I had them on paper, I'm not a very organised person hahah :wtf:

ADketo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do a similar thing -- I'm writing stuff down on yellow legal pads (I feel like I'm more accountable that way). Long and short term goals on one, then ideas, notes, and loose scripts on the second. So far, so good.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I keep a personal diary that I've been writing since 2014. It started out as a food diary to help me manage my compulsive over-eating and body image issues; after that, it evolved into a general diary full of gross feelings and emotions and sh*t. 0/10 would recommend.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I go on and off with journal writing. A lot of time, it's really helpful, and then I get wound up in writing the journal instead of doing the things I want to and should be doing instead.

DictionaryWrites

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that's a really great idea! I'm a writer, so I always have several notebooks on me, in my bag and so on, and I tend to note down ideas as they come to mind, for anything, but they've been particularly useful for YouTube ideas recently.

On my computer, an app I'd recommend that's sort of like bullet journaling is Evernote or, for me, Google Keep. Both allow you to keep post-it note-style documents that you can colour code and tag, and I organize ideas and set them out with relevant tags for different sorts of videos or genres!

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I want to try and do a bullet journal. But I don't think I can get to that point lol. I starting with a video ideas page for every month. So hopefully that goes well.