Do you guys hate it when you get comments "great video i subscribed"

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Well great if they are true fans, but I get it every once in a while where someone writes a comment "great video I subscribed" hoping I go to their channel and do the same. I feel like saying thanks you killed my watch retention time since I am a small you tuber on this account.

I am not sure if it harms channels or not, but w/e. Any other small youtubers get that as well? what do you do? how much does it harm the channel?

Idk... For me its "come one, come all". I'm not established enough to think people will really care THAT much about my content, so I try to build genuine youtuber friends because its a community after all. I'm sure its pretty superficial and "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" in the beginning, but as time progresses it could turn into real supportive viewer/subscriber.

Not sure if that made sense.

I'm never ungrateful for support regardless of how people word it. I find that language barriers tend to be the most common reason for comments like that because they are unable to find an appropriate method of conveying their appreciation. While some of it may be spam, anything in a positive light always brightens my day with a newer channel.

No, as long as they don’t put subscribe to my channel at the end of their comments. Sometimes I will have people comment loved your videos and subscribed, hey btw can you go subscribe to my channel.... now that’s something I hate when people do that

It's a weird thing with this kind of stuff. As a small creator you have to make connections and there is a way of doing it. I will sometimes have a session on youtube where I am looking for other small youtubers to connect with and usually leave a comment about the video and try and engage to the level I can, I like to start up a conversation to show I'm a genuine person, I never ask the other person to subscribe although if I like their content, I will subscribe to them. When someone says to me "I liked your video, subscribed!' or something along those likes, I would leave a reply and see what they say back, if they don't respond then it could well be who really isn't interested in my content.

That's an awesome comment,,, love reading those comments unless they are asking for something in return but if they just say they liked and subscribed that's something to be grateful for. The more fans you have in your comment section the better for people realising they should also subscribe and help you grow

Even when I had 300 subs I loved reading those comments and some of them keep commenting and are still subscribed and active in the channel. Always reply to them and say thanks for the support!

I've never asked people to subscribe. I figure if they like the content they will anyway. If not, then they are not interested in the content or presentation.

I see quite a few asking for subscriptions (for whatever reason) but it all seems pretty pointless to me.

My channel has grown fine without chasing subscribers.

Never really got comments like that. Most my comments are "nice work" and such. I don't know that it would bother me. The ones that get someone blocked though are , "hey I subscribed. Can you subscribe to me?"

Back