Do you guys answer every single comment?

Chalk My Ride

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try my best to replay to all comments. Although I don't respond to the really negative comments. I ignore those.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The majority of the creators here will not have a comment count that stops them from potentially responding to most of the comments on their videos. Not every YouTuber can respond to all theirs comments though, for some it's physically impossible.

However, what I think you've hit on in - and saying about your success - is about engaging with your audience, respecting their engagement with you and rewarding the community that supports your content. This is key to using any social media, but especially so with regard to YouTube. It's about conversation, dialogue and community, as much as it is sharing your perspective on the world. I wish there were more YouTubers like you sir.

In terms of early growth and replying to comments, another good use is commenting on similar YouTube content in the same community. Quality engagement in both directions pays off in the end.

Reactions: CrystalD

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I usually end up thanking them for the support in my videos from time to time. To keep track of all of them is a little much but still gotta show some type of gesture for being grateful.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I try My best to reply to everything for the first month of an upload, but I tend to get a bit lax after a while.
say I get around 100 comments a day. And I go away over the weekend, come back on Monday and there's 3-400 comments to reply to now. It's easy to get bogged down if your not replying at least a few hours a day. It's still easy to read them all, ill always read every comment, but I will pick out ones that need replies like questions, really really nice comments, or ones directed to me. I tend to leave ones that are directed at other viewers like "guys did you see that at 2:38 lololol" or "papyrus is my favourite character" or "I know this voice actor!"

then there's tumblr, deviantART, twitter, G+, email, discord, and skype messages to keep up with too lol

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I reply to every comment with a thank you and some sort of personalized response to what the person said. I think it's important to do that when you have a small channel because not only does it up your comment section but it engages you with your community. I've met some great people through doing this, and also through commenting on other peoples videos in my channels genre, so I agree with what someone else said that engaging in both those ways is the best way to go!

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I answer every single comment. And I believe this is one of the MAJOR factors that have helped me grow so much the past 8 months.

It used to take me 5 mins and half a cup of coffee to answer all my comments.

Now it takes me almost an hour and a half and 2 cups of coffee. ( I guess you really gotta have the enjoyment and love youtube lol )

I enjoy writing back to everyone and it has helped me develop some pretty amazing friendships, and a small community. I work a full time job and am super busy but I make sure I write to every single person and not just a "thanks for watching!" but an ACTUAL personal message.

If they can take the time to not only watch my video and comment as well. I better make sure I create time to respond.

Do you guys always respond to everyone? And if so is it normally a "thank you!" or "Thanks for watching!!" ?
I always respond to everyone but I don't get many comments so it's easy :)

fresh vibes.

Reaction score
If they are genuine comments I will answer. But if someone is just copy and pasting the exact same comment to hundreds of comments trying to promote their channel I won't answer.

freshvibes.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do yeah, every single one. Interaction and actually being a person and not a voice behind a brand is very important for YouTube.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i used too, but after about 7k subs i just don;t have the time, i thumbs up every comment to sort of show i have read it and reply to about 50% still, i get around 150 comments a day now

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont answer at all because most comments i receive are not real i mean it is spammy. Also if i answer to ever one of the YT marksme as a spammer too.[DOUBLEPOST=1489305408,1489305354][/DOUBLEPOST]
i used too, but after about 7k subs i just don;t have the time, i thumbs up every comment to sort of show i have read it and reply to about 50% still, i get around 150 comments a day now
That is what i do now i only thumbs up or click the heart icon as a reply