Do You Get Negative/Bad Comments?...How do you cope with them?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I hardly get any at all to be honest. Mine are mostly just really nice and supportive. Although I had one this morning that simply said 'gay' and nothing. I thought this person clearly has the mentality if a children's so I just deleted it. No skin off my nose and no one will ever read there stupid pointless comment ☺

Reactions: FurryFriends

ShanR02

Reaction score
If they are comments harassing other commenters or me I would just delete it. If they are comments that are constructive criticism I would usually leave it up

Steggs101

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Deleting them is fine, you may have to block them at some point if it keeps happening. Personally I don't think fighting back is worth it, and potential subs may look at that and see it negatively. I just leave a friendly comment back if I get anything like that - "thanks for stopping by, friend!". Most importantly, do not take it to heart, these people are utter morons.

(Checked your channel) Who would comment that stuff on cute animal videos!?!?

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So far so good. Out of 200+ comments I got so far, I got one that said "Wannabe Domics" which means Im on the right path cos he's one of the better animating channels, one said "13-year old would make a better channel" which was hilarious and made my day, really wish they didnt delete it (I do have a screenshot lol), and I got a bunch of comments saying whats wrong with audio and similar which I dont see as negative, quite the opposite, i need those comments to improve the videos.
How I cope with them? I dont. Argumented (if thats a word) opinions help me improve the channel, Unargumented or badly argumented, well, I couldnt care less lol.

Last edited:

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I get quite some hate for my accent. Sometimes I ignore it, sometimes I answer something funny.
"I hate your f*****g accent"
"Thanks for your feedback, next time I try russian accent then!"

FurryFriends

Reaction score
Deleting them is fine, you may have to block them at some point if it keeps happening. Personally I don't think fighting back is worth it, and potential subs may look at that and see it negatively. I just leave a friendly comment back if I get anything like that - "thanks for stopping by, friend!". Most importantly, do not take it to heart, these people are utter morons.

(Checked your channel) Who would comment that stuff on cute animal videos!?!?
Thanks a lot for your supportive feedback! Perhaps some ppl are just bad naysayers and the only anoynomity means they don't need to be responsible for their actions :D

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got my first hate comment a couple weeks ago, but when reading it I just laughed because it was just really funny to me. I remember a few years ago on twitter this girl tweeted something like "I just got my first comment so Iv'e officially made it" and that's really stuck with me so I just thought about that, and it kinda turned a situation I could have thought really negatively about into something positive and funny!