Do you get envious of other's success on YouTube?

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to look at YT like this. I consider my videos of higher quality for someone who’s just starting youtube. I wondered why the subs and views didn’t start rolling in as opposed to people with 200+ subscribers who make videos from their phones. Then I started being consistent, interacting, and getting my name out there and I started growing rapidly, I gained 26 subs in the past week, and 54 in the last 28 days. That may seem like a small amount but I’m currently at 126 subs in a little over 5 months. When I did what I was supposed to do my numbers started reflecting the effort I put in.

If you feel as if you have nothing to change and are consistent (and posting the same quality material) you should be reaching similar numbers as the people with similar content(in most cases), it’ll just take time, persevere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fost

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't get envious. I may look at there channel and there video's that are doing really well and try to examine why they might be doing better than me. but really iv always done pretty good on my watch time and views for the size of my subscriber base. but I focus on what I can control and if someone else is doing better than I am I am happy for them because I realize that they have had to put in the work to get to where there at as well.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Hi, I wanted to ask this question because as much as I hate to admit it, I get jealous when I see channels that were near my size beat me in the "numbers game". Yes, I know it's not about that. It's about being passionate, but it can be demotivating. I am passionate about what I do, I love it. When I say numbers I'm not just talking views and subscribers, I'm talking interactions in the comments as well. I just wanted the reach out and see if anyone else goes through this time to time and if so, what do you do to overcome that jealousy/demotivation.
There'sa saying I got its, "The one that stays real gets the end deal because he stayed real"(He made that up on the spot). Basically stay true to yourself the tides always change and that other s**t. Do you want to say that you did it by any means or that you did it by any means your way? Keep pushing. If it makes ya feel better I only got 1 sub lmao

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I get envious of channels who are putting bare-bones effort into their videos, but still getting TONS of views. I put a lot of effort into my videos, and it feels like YouTube punishes me for that. I upload once every 1-2 weeks, and I've been told that I should just upload more often, which I refuse to do, cause that would mean that I would either have to upload 3 2-minute videos a week, or upload less quality videos, which isn't an option in my mind. But with actually good channels that I can see put effort into their content, I just feel inspired, because they somehow beat the system, and are uploading videos less than once a week, and still getting TONS of exposure.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Of course I’m jealous! I am every time I see a bigger channel and it makes me so mad!