Do you ever make videos..then never post them?

Yeah and I think it shows maturity and growth as an artist/creator.

My old sketch group would pump out anything because well ... we made it.
Even if it was very meh.

Now we've filmed, edited, finished sketches without releasing them because the final product just wasn't good enough.

Yeah. It happens to me from time to time.
I usually edit them and render them, but then I get this feeling that this isn't quite right. So I don't upload it.

I've had this happen to me - I filmed a haul video a few weeks ago, filming it felt really forced and editing it wasn't great. I ended up abandoning it in favour of something I felt more comfortable doing!

So its probably different for different content creators.. But I find myself almost constantly with 5 -7 videos on my computer that I put a bit of time into..but for one reason or another, I just don't deem them "quite up to par" to actually post..

Then sometimes I wonder if I'm just second guessing myself to much. Am I the only one?

I kind of struggled with this on a smaller scale.

Basically, I was in the middle on making a video. I wrote the script, recorded it, and already started on making the intro to it. But, I really wasn't enjoying it. Plus, I knew that my subscribers probably wouldn't enjoy it very much. Because of this, I trashed the video.

So its probably different for different content creators.. But I find myself almost constantly with 5 -7 videos on my computer that I put a bit of time into..but for one reason or another, I just don't deem them "quite up to par" to actually post..

Then sometimes I wonder if I'm just second guessing myself to much. Am I the only one?
It doesn't happen to me often but yes sometimes I'll create a video and while I'm editing I'm realize that I'm just not excited about it and if I'm not excited about my content I don't want to add it to my channel

I have some videos I'm working on but don't know if I'll ever post. I have decided not to post videos for a variety of reasons after filming and editing.

I get into the editing. And boom. I've lost my power to edit anything good out of it. I hate uploading half assed content, so I ended up deleting the footage if I don't like it

I have this one video which had a problem with the stabilisation. Every time I got in between the sun and the camera, the composition suddenly changed so I never published it even though I'd uploaded and edited it.

Back