Do you ever make videos..then never post them?

DewmOnline

Reaction score
I do this all the time ESPECIALLY when I film videos in advance I never seem to actually post them. I guess because I'm not as crazy about them as I was when I filmed them.
this is what I'm talking about, glad I'm not the only one..

I get fired up over a video, get all of the B roll shot, get the voice over done etc etc.. then start to put it together and I'm just not happy with it, so there it sits...95% finish...until someday. :/

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, I've scrapped quite a few over the years.

If they don't meet my expected standard then they go in the bin.

I've also shot sequences up to half a dozen times until I get it right, on many occasions. That's why you always shoot short clips, and stitch them together.

Put up crap and you won't get a following.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's pretty competitive out there.

Reactions: DewmOnline

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've made recipes a couple of times that went horribly wrong at the end that I didn't upload, mostly because the footage was pretty much just me swearing and throwing spatulas around the kitchen haha

Reactions: Mcrocks9

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A couple of times actually because I was watching the playback and saw that I was crossing my eyes a lot in the video ( I am legit cross eyed) so i have to just watch my angles.[DOUBLEPOST=1485700120,1485700030][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've made recipes a couple of times that went horribly wrong at the end that I didn't upload, mostly because the footage was pretty much just me swearing and throwing spatulas around the kitchen haha
You should of kept and used it as a blooper type video. I think it's funny when that type of thing happens.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've done that a couple of times, more so in the very beginnings of my channel when I had very little confidence in what I was putting on the big bad Internet.
Every now and again these days, I might start something and cancel it if it doesn't feel right and start from scratch, but it's definitely been a while.

artslee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I've definitely done this. Multiple times. I've made short animations and decided I didn't like the story, or I didn't like the style. I may elaborate on them in the future and try and improve them in some way.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes I do. That's only when I'm not happy with how the video turned out. It's not too often though.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's a few on my main channel. I realized after exporting the file that it just wasn't up to the standard I was aiming for.
I even have a private video that was never published for this reason.
This gets harder as you grow in subscribers. It's harder to resist the 'gotta upload something' pull when thousands are waiting.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very rarely. I usually try to do my best on every video I make.

Love

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. It's hard to know whether you're being too hard on yourself or just editing yourself. But I think if you're not sure you're going to like having it on your channel (for whatever reason) you're probably not going to change your mind when you do upload it.