Do you ever get this?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Since I started my channel I've really enjoyed it. But just lately I've gotten really fed up with people attitude and negativity towards what I do. For example, I share my latest video on Facebook. And one particular 'friend' always comments on it. He doesn't give any sort of feedback, just stupid comments like 'boring' or 'I fell asleep'. My latest video I was quite proud of, then he comes along and trashes it. I suppose in his mind he thinks he's somehow 'helping'. All it actually does is annoy me, because it's no help at all! And I also get angry because I think firstly you're not even subscribed and secondly you have no idea what it's like being a youtuber or the work and effort that I put in to make free content for people. I can't please everyone, and I'll be damned if I'm going to try and please everyone. Rant over

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
it just seems like your biggest issue is coming from this so called "friend" in which case either mention it's not very helpful for him to comment like he does, or simply ignore them. Either way, don't pay them much mind, if you want some legitimate feedback don't expect to find it from your social shares but instead forums or sites that provide it.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
it just seems like your biggest issue is coming from this so called "friend" in which case either mention it's not very helpful for him to comment like he does, or simply ignore them. Either way, don't pay them much mind, if you want some legitimate feedback don't expect to find it from your social shares but instead forums or sites that provide it.
You're right, but it's so frustrating when you put effort in, up until 3 am rendering it for someone to just come along and say 'fell asleep' well good for you then! My girlfriend is brutally honest and if she thinks something is not to her liking she'll tell me and the reasons why. Dunno, it's just aggravated me somewhat lol

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You're right, but it's so frustrating when you put effort in, up until 3 am rendering it for someone to just come along and say 'fell asleep' well good for you then! My girlfriend is brutally honest and if she thinks something is not to her liking she'll tell me and the reasons why. Dunno, it's just aggravated me somewhat lol
I feel ya man i get really "great" comments everyday (sarcasm) on videos that take hours of work but in the end some people are just unaware how much work actually goes into some content. I hope you'll look past them and focus on the good comments, best of luck, cheers!

Reactions: adams eats

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I feel ya man i get really "great" comments everyday (sarcasm) on videos that take hours of work but in the end some people are just unaware how much work actually goes into some content. I hope you'll look past them and focus on the good comments, best of luck, cheers!
You have great videos chap, don't know why someone would hate on them! I'll be alright, I just get wound up with inane useless stuff like that lol

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Since I started my channel I've really enjoyed it. But just lately I've gotten really fed up with people attitude and negativity towards what I do. For example, I share my latest video on Facebook. And one particular 'friend' always comments on it. He doesn't give any sort of feedback, just stupid comments like 'boring' or 'I fell asleep'. My latest video I was quite proud of, then he comes along and trashes it. I suppose in his mind he thinks he's somehow 'helping'. All it actually does is annoy me, because it's no help at all! And I also get angry because I think firstly you're not even subscribed and secondly you have no idea what it's like being a youtuber or the work and effort that I put in to make free content for people. I can't please everyone, and I'll be damned if I'm going to try and please everyone. Rant over
FB has good options to share with ALL-Except-XX or any other list you setup. I would not share with anyone hating or dissing your content, their retention is probably 2% anyways so that hurts your stats. Check your retention from FB overall, it may be best to cut that behemoth out altogether.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
FB has good options to share with ALL-Except-XX or any other list you setup. I would not share with anyone hating or dissing your content, their retention is probably 2% anyways so that hurts your stats. Check your retention from FB overall, it may be best to cut that behemoth out altogether.
I share it on my Facebook page which isn't a problem, but I also share it on my own personal profile too which is when he comments. So I think I'll just stop putting it on my personal page and stick to the official Adams eats Facebook page instead. Thank you for the tips though I'll have a look on Facebook later at some of those options.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm sorry, but if any of my so-called "friends" ever said something rude like that about one of my videos, they'd be dropped from my Facebook friends list immediately. Don't keep negative people around, they're not worth the time.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm sorry, but if any of my so-called "friends" ever said something rude like that about one of my videos, they'd be dropped from my Facebook friends list immediately. Don't keep negative people around, they're not worth the time.
Knowing the type of person he is, he's not very sensitive to people's feelings and I think he believes he's helping in some way by being hardline. All it actually does is just make people annoyed. I feel like saying to him 'well what have you done? Can you do any better??'

bb109

Reaction score
your friend sounds like a jerk. i can't think of any of my facebook friends who would make comments like that. if i did see one of my friends posting these type of comments on either my statuses or any of my other friend statuses. i would drop them as a friend and unfriend them cos they sound like they have problems.

Reactions: adams eats