Do you call yourself a YouTuber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennentSpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Just wondered how many people would call themselves a YouTuber or just someone who makes videos and posts them on YouTube.

Is there an unwritten criteria to be classed as a YouTuber - amount of subs, views, how much money you make etc.

Reactions: FraYoshi

BitsOfBen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah, since the whole world know youtube, I feel like it's the best way to say youtuber when explained what kind of stuff I do!

Reactions: FraYoshi

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
since we are using YouTube, so we become a YouTuber!
Same like WE DRIVE A CAR, WE ARE CALLED DRIVER :D
We edit the video, we are called EDITOR :D
I don't think criteria should be considered, small sub channel is Noob YouTuber, Huge sub channel is Famous YouTuber
In both ways we are youtubers :D

DutchPrawn

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I do not know if there is a certain criteria. But as far as I know the word "Youtuber" is associated with the big and famous such as PewDiePie or Markiplier. In my opinion being a youtuber means... well... just being on youtube and having an account there. Which almost covers everyone who has access to the internet.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm a content creator. YouTuber just doesn't sound correct to me. Plus, the choice of words you use to describe yourself give others a better idea of what you do. "Content Creator" is much more professional in my honest opinion.

Reactions: TennentSpace

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
I consider a YouTuber someone who consistently makes content for consumption via YouTube in the effort of entertaining or educating a fan base regardless of size or just casual viewers. When I had a few videos here and there on an old channel for video journalism-type things I shot in my town, I did not consider myself a YouTuber since it was supplemental to a website I was running at the time.

However, now since I am focused on entertaining via YouTube through music and comedy, I consider myself a YouTuber. I am at a point where I am waiting to have a project that I can be proud enough to justify referring to myself as a filmmaker, since I see "YouTuber" as being a kind of amateur term or stepping stone to that next level of sorts. Not to discredit filmmakers who are actual youtubers, I understand it can be simultaneous, but it is a different process overall than that of vlogging or making tutorials. As much as I'd like to, I don't count my music videos as filmmaking projects since I associate the term filmmaker with the cinematic process of pre-production writing, storyboarding, etc. and my music videos thus far have had no cinematic story line as they are mostly "let's just shoot me playing this over here and then singing over there."

Last edited:

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
I think that a "YouTuber" is a person that believe in the YouTube project ^-^
Or just a beer drinker :eek: (YoutuBeer) :D

Igo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't call myself youtuber :) i think you can call yourself youtuber when it will be like your profession and you will make leaving from it :)

hdaluz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah I think you're a "youtuber" once you start consistently uploading videos trying to build a channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.