Do you bother with captions?

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I noticed they have automatic captions and you can edit them. The automatic is very poor, do you think I should bother???

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
Nope, very rarely does anyone use them, and if they do, it is probably just to laugh at how wrong they are.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do now. Adding captions adds more chances my videos get viewed. Example, If in the text i talk about Justin Bieber, theres a chance someone finds my video with a goole search. There are more similar advantages when adding subtittles.

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've only added captions with my newest video because I'm talking fast, and they're self made captions (Photoshop & Sony Vegas), but generally I don't use captions.

Unless you're really difficult to hear I would say it's ok to skip them.

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed they have automatic captions and you can edit them. The automatic is very poor, do you think I should bother???
Captions are important. Having captions helps your video rank higher in searches. And loading your captions up with keywords will help your videos rank higher.

I put tags in captions on vids where I don't even talk!

I type them all out myself and save as a .txt and then upload.

Next step will be to get them translated because that makes them rank higher in other countries.

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Captions are important. Having captions helps your video rank higher in searches. And loading your captions up with keywords will help your videos rank higher.

I put tags in captions on vids where I don't even talk!

I type them all out myself and save as a .txt and then upload.

Next step will be to get them translated because that makes them rank higher in other countries.
I would do it but I just cba :S

I am thinking of going back to do it but I might only do it when I get partnership

Now you are probably thinking why partnership.

Well th only answer I can give you is that I have agreed to do the most detailed things like thumbnails when I hit partnership. Captions I will add to the list too :D

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would do it but I just cba :S

I am thinking of going back to do it but I might only do it when I get partnership

Now you are probably thinking why partnership.

Well th only answer I can give you is that I have agreed to do the most detailed things like thumbnails when I hit partnership. Captions I will add to the list too :D

Why wait? Why not stack the deck in your favor now? ;)