Do you as a video creator remove rude comments or just leave it?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There will be time when you happened to upload a video which is either based on your opinion or fact, there will be this kind of people who post rude comments and doesn't even contribute to the topic of the videos. Do you guys remove it or report or just ignore it entirely? Would blocking these haters from your channel help?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I guess my response is more or less a personal opinion.

But I tend to remove "rude" comments that do not contribute to the video in either way. If it is "constructive criticism" then I am happy to leave it for it gives me something to work on and possibly learn from. Therefore I value the person trying to help me improve. But if it's just flat out rude and is only there to raise one's ego then it's not necessary and does the comments section no good. If it goes beyond that then I also take a moment to block the person making the comment.

I know this is not a solution for channels that are much much larger but it makes me happy knowing I'm not allowing to continue it on my channel. But that's just me.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
You can automatically filter out curse words so that they never appear in the comments section, so most rude comments never even make it on screen on my channel.
I usually leave rude comments well alone though. They just make the person who leaves them look like a jerk, and my subs will occasionally jump to my defence without me having to say anything.

Reactions: Crown

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I tend to ignore rude comments. A lot of people online act a certain way behind their screen and keyboard. Constructive criticism I always take in a good way. But any sort of personal attacks or highly offensive comments would get removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Best thing is just to ignore them. With my honesty, I do "mute" those who are really annoying and disrespectful to the channel. I usually would leave the some though, I don't remove all. Just specific ones.

Reactions: Gemstone

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Last rude comment I got:
you suck dude

My response:
Thank you for being such a nice and kind hearted person spreading your love across the Internet.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me, I just leave them, I might make a video on them in the future, who knows?

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
For me it depends on what it is. If it's rude comments towards other comments I'll remove them as I am a DIY style channel and I want others to be able to help out if need be. Any hateful comments towards me I usually leave be.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I keep all comments except self promo ones. I figure with the trolling ones it’s best to kill them with kindness, it’s given me more than 1 subscriber from doing that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk