Do you as a video creator remove rude comments or just leave it?

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I keep all comments except self promo ones. I figure with the trolling ones it’s best to kill them with kindness, it’s given me more than 1 subscriber from doing that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely. Plus most people will defend you if someone’s being a jack leg.

Reactions: Krisfire

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually leave rude comments well alone though. They just make the person who leaves them look like a jerk, and my subs will occasionally jump to my defence without me having to say anything.
I leave them on 'EVO' but have been hiding them on my new channel. Perhaps I would be better following this advice.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
only comments I moderate are advertisments. if you want to advertise on my channel you need to pay me first ;-)

Cabbitude

Reaction score
Website
www.cabbitudegaming.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't get many rude comments (shockingly, considering my saturday vlogs are very leftist LGBTQ stuff). What I have received (1 comment encouraging me to join a church and 3 'Tr**ny' slur insult posts) have been removed from the channel. I imagine that, in the future, if I got hate comments or other rude nonsense on my gaming specific videos I'd probably save it to do an amusing video with in the future but my Saturday Vlogs are a 'safe space' and I don't let anyone flame them and do my best to catch such nonsense before it's noticed by anyone else. I do use the comment filter as well and it's helpfully caught the worst of the 4 negative comments I've received, so that helps substantially.

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on the video, for my more viewed videos, I ignore them ALL, I only delete the links, like Amazon associate links, they do not belong in my videos, unless I put them there.
Some of those crazy comments have really helps those videos grow views FAST as people are reacting to other people comments, it's a shouting match.
BUT for my less viewed video, I will delete, block or report the really bad comments.
But remember each comment does count into YouTube's search formulas
There are some days, I am just not up to reading comments also, arghh...
Steve

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I know I've already posted my 2 cents on this, but something came up yesterday that just made me laugh and I had to share. I have a video that has almost 180k views. If it weren't for some controversy it probably wouldn't be as "popular". It's a video showing you how to regrip your golf clubs with compressed air. It's a little unconventional but works. One of the latest rude comments was someone telling me in the time of my video it took me to regrip one club he could have done 2 sets of golf clubs. Sets of gofl clubs are 14 total clubs. We get it. This wasn't a video on "How fast I can regrip a golf club." :D

ArianeMarie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've only just started and haven't really received any hate comments yet, but I plan on keeping them. Once you build up a following, people tend to defend you.

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've only just started and haven't really received any hate comments yet, but I plan on keeping them. Once you build up a following, people tend to defend you.
YES that does happen, I've seen that in a few of my crazy commented videos, I leave all of those because it keeps people coming back, follow up comments, more views, etc.

Steve

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channels are strictly family-friendly. No cussing and be respectful.
I delete comments nearly every day.