Do you accidentally delete viewer comments?

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Today I accidentally deleted a viewer's comment. It may not be the first time. I check my notifications several times daily and I pride myself on responding to every viewer's comment on my videos. My notifications include comments, new subs, and new vids posted by channels I'm subscribed to. So, I click on the 3-dots & "Hide this notification" a hundred times a day.

Today, I commented on a viewer's comment, gave it a Like, and then inadvertently neglected to hit the back arrow. I clicked on the 3-dots and clicked "Remove", thinking I was removing the notification. BAM! The comment is gone forever. I can't be sure, but I might have done this more than once before. Viewer comments have disappeared more than once, with no explanation, leaving me wondering if I accidentally deleted them. I feel it is WAY to easy to make this mistake, and YT hasn't provided a popup to give the opportunity to cancel before deleting the comment forever.

Has this happened to you? Have you come up with a solution?

I need to find a way to absolutely guarantee that I never do that to a viewer again.

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
There isn't a way to get them back (unless you contact youtube, maybe?). To be honest, just learn from your mistakes, it isn't a big deal, I've done it before too! I just don't remove my notifications normally.