Do we need Adsense to join a MCN ?

Roger

Reaction score
Hi,

How to link a channel with MCN which created after May 2017 ? Can I link with MCN without linking with Adsense? If yes, please tell the MCN lists that not needs an adsense account.

I am still creating contents to get 10,000 views on those channels. My friend recently reached 10K views and applied for monetization by linking his adsense account. It's been 2 week and still that channel is not monetized. Now, his channel surpasses 40,000 views and still no monetization enabled. Also, I have seen many complaints on youtube support forum regarding this review process. That's why I want to know is there a way to monetize a channel as soon as it reaches 10,000 views.

Because, Youtube--> AdSense account monetization process is taking more time, even months for some people. Is there an option like YouTube--> MCN monetization without adsense ? Like before ?

Regards,
Roger.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'm sorry. You've always had to have an Adsense account to join an MCN, and there is no way to join one unless you are a direct YouTube Partner first. Once a very long time ago, MCNs were able to accept potential partners who lived in countries where either Adsense or the Partner Program itself was unavailable; but that "loophole" has now been closed.

In addition, many of the potential partners who are being turned down for monetization have the problem of having tried to apply with ineligible content. i. e., they have done things such as taken DVR recordings and edited them in order to upload them to YouTube, made all of their videos using copyrighted audio (or trial/non-commercial versions of video editors), or applied with media which breaks the Advertiser-Friendly Guidelines.

In short, there is no longer any way a channel will be accepted with either less than 10K lifetime views and fully enabled direct monetization criteria by an MCN, or be accepted with ineligible media.

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From personal experience, when I joined my first MCN (Freedom) I did not have an Adsense account, and this was around 2014. I think it depends on the MCN entirely whether or not they accept people who have, or don't have Adsense, but I know when I joined I didn't have Adsense at all.

Most MCN's now have a minimum criteria that you must meet before they will accept you, and in some cases, some MCN's also limit your Revenue Share to begin with until your channel grows a little. In my case, Freedom limited my Revenue Share to 70% at first, and then changed this to 95% after I'd been with them for a short while.

Also, I'd consider whether you really want to join an MCN, or whether you're better off just using Adsense alone. This obviously depends on what your channel is about, and whether or not you'll really benefit from being part of an MCN at all.

--Yorkie

Last edited: