Do the Super-Wealthy watch YouTube?

Cool story! And interesting debate that follows... Let me throw a crazy third option into the mix: some wealthy people do, and some don't.

It would be stereotyping to assume either way. Surely it depends on the individual.

Further, not all wealthy people are necessarily strapped for time. What about trust fund babies, for example.

Probably not as much. Why? There is a reason why they are rich. They probably don't have near the free time a "normal" person has to just unplug behind a PC and watch YouTube videos.

Very true - you hit the nail on the head.

Wealthy people are usually very busy people, they probably don't "unplug behind a PC and watch YouTube videos". They do enjoy watching videos about things they may want to buy though, whether that be Schmee testing the new Bugatti Chiron or somebody like me walking them through a luxury yacht.

By the way - Bugatti gave Schmee access to the Chiron long before Jeremy Clarkson could get his hands on it, which makes a pretty big statement about the importance that Bugatti place on the influence of YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1537454742,1537454378][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cool story! And interesting debate that follows... Let me throw a crazy third option into the mix: some wealthy people do, and some don't.

It would be stereotyping to assume either way. Surely it depends on the individual.

Further, not all wealthy people are necessarily strapped for time. What about trust fund babies, for example.

Also very true - some do...some don't.

Most of my clients are incredibly busy people, but a lot depends on the stage of their business they are in. I am trying to sell a yacht for a client at the moment who has built up his business to a very good size and has decided that the time has come to start enjoying life instead of running around the world building his empire. He has a €5m yacht and is looking for something a little bigger now, every so often he says to me "I saw one of your videos the other day on youtube...". He LOVES spending his time watching yacht videos.

I don't believe so, because wealthy people also want to learn how to grow money which they can get on YouTube. I also believe that many still have hobbies and want to learn how to hone whatever craft they have for free. YouTube provides that in many ways. There is also the entertainment factor. If they can be entertained for a few minutes when they have small amounts of time, why wouldn't they. Grant the numbers of them will be much smaller and a lot probably don't want to advertise their wealth. They may already be watching, we just don't know about it.

Back