Do people still enjoy non-commentary gameplays?

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The title says it all, I want to upload some gameplay videos but the problem is I can't do commentaries. English is not my first language so i dont want to sound awkward speaking in it. So, do people still enjoy non-commentary gameplays?

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I prefer it to be honest. If the game is good, the quality is good and the player is good, I think it's really cool. It's a lot more immersive and I can enjoy the beauty of the game. I purposefully type in "raw gameplay" when I want to see what a game is like. I wouldn't recommend playing a strategy game or an RPG without commentary. In fact, not even a tactical shooter or a hack and slash game is interesting to watch without commentary. I'd recommend an action shooter for sure. What game do you have in mind?

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
The title says it all, I want to upload some gameplay videos but the problem is I can't do commentaries. English is not my first language so i dont want to sound awkward speaking in it. So, do people still enjoy non-commentary gameplays?
Depends what your doing I suppose but I do prefer watching ones wth commentarys

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Okay, just checked out your channel. Smite isn't a good one to be uploading footage of without commentary. If you don't want to talk, consider adding memes or sound effects or something of the sort to make it as gripping as possible. For example, in your video about a minute in somebody was running into a wall. You could react to that with a picture like this one on the side of the video:

Also, consider cutting the slow paced sections of your videos.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't really care for non-commentary myself, cause at that point I may as well play the game myself. I've only ever really watched one non-commentary channel but it was a "pro" Mario player crushing some monster difficulty levels in minutes so it wasn't even an hour long gameplay or an ongoing series of multiple hours combined.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I subbed I'll watch some non commantary for ya

Reactions: xomegaxz

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I prefer it to be honest. If the game is good, the quality is good and the player is good, I think it's really cool. It's a lot more immersive and I can enjoy the beauty of the game. I purposefully type in "raw gameplay" when I want to see what a game is like. I wouldn't recommend playing a strategy game or an RPG without commentary. In fact, not even a tactical shooter or a hack and slash game is interesting to watch without commentary. I'd recommend an action shooter for sure. What game do you have in mind?
Hey man thanks for replying, I'm going to post some smite gameplay which is a moba. There might be some lag in the video as my gpu isnt exactly top tier[DOUBLEPOST=1480520329,1480520276][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't really care for non-commentary myself, cause at that point I may as well play the game myself. I've only ever really watched one non-commentary channel but it was a "pro" Mario player crushing some monster difficulty levels in minutes so it wasn't even an hour long gameplay or an ongoing series of multiple hours combined.
Sadly, I'm not playing singleplayer games haha not yet at least. I'm just focusing on some moba or online game for the moment[DOUBLEPOST=1480520382][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends what your doing I suppose but I do prefer watching ones wth commentarys
Yeah, Im doing some moba gameplay I do understand though the ones with commentary as it is less boring[DOUBLEPOST=1480523144][/DOUBLEPOST]
I subbed I'll watch some non commantary for ya
Thanks man! That means a lot any feedback?

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Raw gaming videos used to be a lot larger because there was less selection on YouTube. Right now, while it does have it's own little niche following, if you're building your channel for anything more than for fun and personal enjoyment, I would be staying away. Most passive viewers won't subscribe to raw gameplay channels if they dont have a specific liking for the idea of raw videos.

However, that doesn't disregard the idea of gaming videos without commentary all together. There's obviously still heaps of other types of non-commentary gaming videos that aren't raw, like heavily edited comedic gaming vids, epic music videos, compilations, MLG type record videos, etc. If you don't like the idea of commentating then there's definitely options.

Reactions: 10ACITY

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved this to the ideas/planning forum since this is a YouTube-related question.

I believe there are also copyright considerations to take into account. Just uploading gameplay without commentary isn't adding much value in the eyes of many gaming publishers so you should check out if you have permission first IMHO. Good luck.

Reactions: Rails2Revolution

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've moved this to the ideas/planning forum since this is a YouTube-related question.

I believe there are also copyright considerations to take into account. Just uploading gameplay without commentary isn't adding much value in the eyes of many gaming publishers so you should check out if you have permission first IMHO. Good luck.
Thanks for the head ups. I'll try my best to avoid a copyright strike. Thanks for all the replies guys appreciate it

Reactions: Crown