Do Networks Pay More?

Lonnie

Reaction score
I'm not part of a network, just a youtube partner with adsense, but am very unhappy with my earnings lately. I get about 300,000 views a month and cannot believe the small amount of money I get from youtube and adsense. So I am wondering if a network pays more? if so how much more and is it worth it to make the switch.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not part of a network, just a youtube partner with adsense, but am very unhappy with my earnings lately. I get about 300,000 views a month and cannot believe the small amount of money I get from youtube and adsense. So I am wondering if a network pays more? if so how much more and is it worth it to make the switch.
You are not guaranteed to earn more with a Network but Google provides its Networks with premium ads and if they have an ad sales team that will help. The higher the gross revenue share with the Network, the more likely you will earn more than AdSense.

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recommend asking networks for CPM numbers for specific months. Nearly all channels have been happy to provide me with these numbers (Only one refused, despite claimed to have "the best CPM in the industry" --- yeah, riiight)

You can also have them filter it down based on channel size, focus (gaming, etc) and on your viewer demographics (countries, mostly)

For ease, I would say ask about aggregate CPM for the entire network first, then when you narrow it down to maybe 2 networks you are really liking, ask about specific demographics.

Go slow, check your sources, and make a decision you're confidant in.

Reactions: Notelis

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recommend asking networks for CPM numbers for specific months. Nearly all channels have been happy to provide me with these numbers (Only one refused, despite claimed to have "the best CPM in the industry" --- yeah, riiight)

You can also have them filter it down based on channel size, focus (gaming, etc) and on your viewer demographics (countries, mostly)

For ease, I would say ask about aggregate CPM for the entire network first, then when you narrow it down to maybe 2 networks you are really liking, ask about specific demographics.

Go slow, check your sources, and make a decision you're confidant in.
Very good post.,

Also note that although you have 300,000 views a month not all views are monetized so this could be an attributing factor as to why you aren't earning much. Like others have said many networks will pay more than Adsense alone due to an AD's sales team which will likely increase your CPM, but bare in mind you must split a % of this with adsense.

From a personal point I started earning quite a bit more when I got partnered mainly because with Adsense I was getting over loaded with CPC ad's that were not receiving clicks, when I went to a network I started getting CPM ad's which is making my earnings way more consistent.

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
bare in mind you must split a % of this with adsense.
BTW YouTube/Google/AdSense takes a cut either way. A big one, around 50%, as I learned yesterday. I believe the cut is equal for both networks and adsense.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Depends entirely on the network, some networks only had a 2-3$ average CPM in December, while some had 8-10$.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Percentage based CPM Networks really arn`t meant to quote CPMs, the reason is that it`s bad for business, what if you tell someone the network had a 3-5$ CPM one month, then the next it was 2-3$ and they get all angry.
It`s a bad idea to give CPMs unless it is for like Q1,2,3,4 or a big range like that.

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
BTW YouTube/Google/AdSense takes a cut either way. A big one, around 50%, as I learned yesterday. I believe the cut is equal for both networks and adsense.
Yes Youtube ALWAYS takes a cut, but if your with a network they then ALSO take a cut. Adsense alone take 45% I believe, so your left with 55% but if your with a network they then take their cut from that 55%. So for example you are with fullscreen on a 70 30% cut, the 55% of your revenue goes into their adsense, they then give you 70% from that revenue. This is why you must make sure a network you go with will deliver premium AD's to make up for the % cut so that you can make more money than you were with adsense alone.

Reactions: Sir Derpington