Do live streams provide any value for a smaller channel?

Sam Lyon

Reaction score
I am just wondering if a daily live stream would benefit any algorithm jazz, being that YT loves upload frequency. Or if live streams follow a totally different set of rules.

I feel like it's great for audience interaction (depending on the niche) but if it relies on subs, it wouldn't really be worth a small channels time.

Small channel being less than 1000.

Thanks!

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
In my honest opinion, as a small channel with 400+ subs, I wouldn't recommend depending on live streaming. Unless you REALLY want to do. For no other reason but yourself. Because that's literally who you're gonna be performing for. Yourself. You might have a couple people watching, but when you're a small channel, you aren't really taken seriously as a YouTuber. Livestreaming takes about an hour or more. It's not typically less than that, and your average viewer knows that. No one's going to take that much time our of their day to watch a channel they've never heard of, so it's not really gonna promote your channel. I'd focus more on the actual uploads. If you have no trouble meeting your upload schedule and then want to do livestreams, then go for it. Experiment. What works for me isn't always going to work for you and vice versa.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I'm not sure about that, but livestreams are the easiest way to gain new followers.
Whenever I stream, I usually get between 5~20 new subscribers. (Depending on the game I stream)

People love livestreams, because they can interact directly with the content creator.