Do Inactive Subscribers Matter?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So with only 15 views per video and around 2 comments a month with 146 subscribers, it's pretty clear most/all of them are inactive. So what can I do about it? Plus does it really matter, esspecially while a channel is as small and unsuccsesful as mine?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nothing that you can do about it. You can ask future subscriber to subscribe to your channel and click on the bell beside subscription button so the can get updates about you new videos. Youtube do not send letters to all of your subscriber about new videos you publish.

EyeCantDoThis

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've got the exactly the same problem, averaging around 5 subscriber-driven views per video from 140 subs. (I didn't upload for 10 months so most of my subs are inactive).

Nothing you can really do except look forward. My plan is to just keep growing until the point where it's unnoticeable..

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's pretty normal in general. Lots of channels have millions of subs and only get a third of that number for views. And who knows, maybe the old subs will see something they like. Eventually.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I have over 1k subs ... barely 15 - 30 views so don't feel bad.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Yeah, they don't do anything but just make your subscriber count look good but for actual numbers and stats they don't make sense when you look at views. Can't do much about it. Sometimes Youtube will do clean sweeps of spams and inactive accounts. Good luck :)

Reactions: Gamayun