Do I need to show myself?

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I thought anonimity would hurt my growth but I've seen that it's not the case. Thank you all for your valuable opinion!

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
That's the beauty of Youtube isn't it. You have the power to create content in any way you like. I would say do what makes you comfortable.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
You don’t “have to” do anything - thats the magic, use the platform however you want. If you do whatever you do well enough, people will come, and if you carry on doing it well, people will stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've always felt that showing yourself is way better for audience retention, as opposed to just coldly putting content out there. It connects more deeply with the viewers, which would remember your channel more easily.
Since I own a music channel, showing myself is not "mandatory", but do you think it would have a noticeable impact?
I also feel like it is a little too soon for me, since I have absurdly high quality standards wich I think I'll not be able to meet in the short term... so I feel kind of afraid to be tied forever to content wich I'd like to be just a bit better.

My idea was to keep uploading content and getting better at producing, and only then show myself and interact more closely with my audience. But do you think that this kind of "anonymus" thing could work as a starting point? Or is the brand THAT much weaker without a face to support it?
That is completely up to you you can show your face if you want I do most people do but there are also a lot of people on YouTube who have never showed their face HowToBasic for example he's been a channel since 2011 and nobody knows what he looks like or even where he's from or what his actual name is it's just about ready are you feel comfortable showing your face on camera if you feel uncomfortable showing your face and you're nervous or you have a fear of it then don't do it however if you have no fear under really not that nervous go for it there is no requirement on YouTube to show your face a lot of people do but it's up to personal preference you can show your face if you want but don't do it if you feel uncomfortable bottom line is in the end it's up to you if you're comfortable showing your face go ahead if you're not comfortable with showing your face then don't do it

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Depends on content and context. Some channels do extremely well showing no face. If you are giving constant value to your viewers, it will matter less. But I think people naturally like or gravitate towards faces. A perfect example of how this plays out is on Instagram, but they are different platforms and what doesn't work on IG doesn't translate on YT.