DO I need to narrow my niche more?

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So my channel is an ASMR channel. Even within the genre I think I am a bit all over the place still. I like so many subgenres of ASMR that I would like to do alot of them, because I enjoy them myself. I was wondering if people think that hurts me, and if I should narrow down my niche more is ASMR in itself narrowed down enough?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
In my humble opinion this is already a very narrow niche. With narrowing down your niche more, you possibly risk losing subscribers.
Let's assume you publish ASMR videos of the following types:
  1. Yourself whispering cooking recipes (30 people have subscribed you for doing this)
  2. Yourself slicing soap (30 different subscribers enjoy watching you slicing soap)
  3. Videos showing you stroking disco balls (10 distinct/disjunct subscribers)
Now assume you narrow your niche to stroking disco balls... that's 60 subscribers lost!

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my humble opinion this is already a very narrow niche. With narrowing down your niche more, you possibly risk losing subscribers.
Let's assume you publish ASMR videos of the following types:
  1. Yourself whispering cooking recipes (30 people have subscribed you for doing this)
  2. Yourself slicing soap (30 different subscribers enjoy watching you slicing soap)
  3. Videos showing you stroking disco balls (10 distinct/disjunct subscribers)
Now assume you narrow your niche to stroking disco balls... that's 60 subscribers lost!
Yeah that makes sense. I enjoy having a variety myself. I just don't know if it looks too all over the place with thumbnails and stuff idk I seem to be growing okay so maybe it is alright how it is