Do I need permission for...

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I want to read a story from reddit no sleep but I was wondering if I need to get permission from the author to read it in a video.

Do I need permission from authors to read articles or other types of written content? If so how do I go about doing that, or how do I go about crediting them?

-Update-
I got their permission and they were more than happy to give it and said they were super excited to see the video. So those who have this question also. Yes you do and most authors are more than happy to give you permission and who knows you may gain an extra sub from it!

Last edited:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Easy. Contact the author and ask,, kind of hard that he/she will refuse as long as it is free exposure for them. But yes, you have to ask :) :p Offer credits written or spoken inside the video (intro or outro) and also with links to the original text and author in description of the video. The first one is kind of hard. But. After the first video you will complete, ask another author and also include previous projetc as sample, piece of cake! :)

EDIT: also offer them to be the first to review an unlisted video before full publishing it in public for revisions. Kind of important that you give them the ability to have an opinion on the final product (video) on their work.

FringePhilo

Reaction score
Definitely try to get permission first. Though you can probably get away with it, I would strongly suggest doing everything within your ability to get the author's consent before even attempting such video.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Will you get away with it? Maybe. Are you in the right doing so? Absolutely not. Without legal permission, you are 100% in the wrong. The original author owns the copyright and you do not. Do not do so without legal permission.