Do I need a license or network to start a gaming channel?

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Neither are required to start a gaming channel. Just ensure that the games that you decide to create content for have a copyright policy that allows you to use footage and/or monetize.

Reactions: Painter

YouTubeGuy

Reaction score
Neither are required to start a gaming channel. Just ensure that the games that you decide to create content for have a copyright policy that allows you to use footage and/or monetize.
Thanks for the answer. How do I find their copyright policy? I really don't want a copyright strike and that's why I'm so cautious :( :D I'm interested in BeamNG.drive.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the answer. How do I find their copyright policy? I really don't want a copyright strike and that's why I'm so cautious :( :D I'm interested in BeamNG.drive.
Some companies will post that info on their websites. You can email them and ask as well. Check out: wholetsplay.com

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Gaming contents seldom get strikes compared to movies and music. Strange, but true

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No you don't! You have to make sure you can use that game without getting a copyright claim.

Reactions: derikku

derikku

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just make sure you be careful what you post. better ways to avoid it is to try to make game play in your own way and avoid using any music if all possible unless you get permission from the user itself or unless the music is completely free to use

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You need to understand "fair use". The freedom guy says you can monetize gaming videos as long as your adding educational or instructional commentary over the game play. Also, check the gaming companies policy on it. Usually typing the game name and asking can i monetize "THE GAME" on Google search engine should get you there faster.

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do I need a license or network to start a gaming channel?
Most companies allow you to post gaming content but be careful with music(especially music created by artists) and cinematic cutscenes. Check on google for ''let's play friendly developers'' and read the game companies policy's on their site.