Do I have to put anything in my video for monetization

l1 gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I just started a gaming channel which dose not have monetization enabled, BUT i would like to leave the option to monetize my videos open.

I know my deal for the specific songs I use is that I need to credit the song with the composer, song title, and where the user can download the songs from. All those credits must be IN my actual video to monetize on those specific songs.

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but do i need to put anything else in my video to enable monetization in the future.
some people put in text like:
"Copyrighted material used under fair use"​

In their actual video at the end. Do I need to do this ???

Since I run a gaming channel I made sure all the games are aloud to be put on YouTube, but do i need anything else in the video itself. ?

And also I put this in all my descriptions do you think this is good :

"I do not own any of the rights to any of the music, sound effects, images, symbols, or characters that may have been shown in the gameplay video above. NO copyright infringement is intended. Everything belongs to their respective owners."

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
That last statement will most likely cause YouTube to call for your commercial rights evidence on every video where you have placed that in the description, once you enable monetization. And since you have already disavowed having any rights in any of the content at all, the most likely outcome unless you change that and possibly the content elements you use in your videos (except perhaps the music; if it is under a commercial use license), you are playing with the possibility of monetization being disabled shortly after you enable it.

l1 gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
That last statement will most likely cause YouTube to call for your commercial rights evidence on every video where you have placed that in the description, once you enable monetization. And since you have already disavowed having any rights in any of the content at all, the most likely outcome unless you change that and possibly the content elements you use in your videos (except perhaps the music; if it is under a commercial use license), you are playing with the possibility of monetization being disabled shortly after you enable it.
I believe I'm OK on the music because the guy who made all the music I use said that I must have the credits for the songs IN my actual video as well as the description in order to enable monitization, which I do have.

but why will YouTube to call for my commercial rights evidence and disable monitization for me stating that i'm not the copyright holder ? Should I remove

"I do not own any of the rights to any of the music, sound effects, images, symbols, or characters that may have been shown in the gameplay video above. NO copyright infringement is intended. Everything belongs to their respective owners."

From my videos and channel bio ???

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I believe I'm OK on the music because the guy who made all the music I use said that I must have the credits for the songs IN my actual video as well as the description in order to enable monitization, which I do have.

but why will YouTube to call for my commercial rights evidence and disable monitization for me stating that i'm not the copyright holder ? Should I remove

From my videos and channel bio ???
It's your statement of "I do not own any of the rights to any of the music, sound effects, images, symbols, or characters that may have been shown in the gameplay video above." which will have them calling for your commercial rights evidence.

From YouTube Help on monetization...Guidelines for Content You Didn't Create...

"Clear the rights to use and monetise this content on YouTube." By clearly stating you don't own any of the rights, you are also making it clear that you have failed to clear the rights to use and monetize your video content.

I hope this makes sense.

l1 gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
It's your statement of "I do not own any of the rights to any of the music, sound effects, images, symbols, or characters that may have been shown in the gameplay video above." which will have them calling for your commercial rights evidence.

From YouTube Help on monetization...Guidelines for Content You Didn't Create...

"Clear the rights to use and monetise this content on YouTube." By clearly stating you don't own any of the rights, you are also making it clear that you have failed to clear the rights to use and monetize your video content.

I hope this makes sense.
Ahh I get it now thank you ! So I will take that out of my channel bio and video descriptions then. I'm also guessing this means I DO NOT need to put anything like
"Copyrighted material used under fair use"
In my actual video for monitization, right ?