Do I have to Monetize when I join a Network?

Specs

Specs TEC=Tech En Check
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I just joined a network and was wondering if I'm suppose to Monetize my Videos?

RocketTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would consider starting over with a new Youtube channel. As RGG said, 999 out of 1000 times they won't be doing anything to help you, but instead will only restrict your options in the future.

Reactions: RichGuitarGamer

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I want to know, does the network want you to do it?
and as everyone who answered, how come you joined a network?

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are 17 articles on here (one that i wrote also) on networks, and im telling you joining a network with a channel your size is not worth it all, even at my channel size its STILL not worth it, can you leave your network? since you have only just joined now is the BEST time to see if there is a clause in your contract which allow you to leave :)

Drake D

Reaction score
I am sure it seemed exciting to think about being in a YouTube Network, however it just is not worth it. Most, if not all, will offer very little direct assistance. They may have a few videos (like Freedom), however most of the time you can still access them without being a partner. I suggest, like the others, leaving it as soon as possible. Try to find some clause, a trial period, or something, unless you joined a No Lockin network.

Specs

Specs TEC=Tech En Check
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thank you all for commenting and having my best interest at heart. I completely understand where you all are coming from. I know it's not really a good idea to do anything with anyone else other than collabs at my size but a Youtuber I watch talked about a network he joined and being able to leave anytime. Well I thought I'd check it out. I read terms of service, definitely the part about being able to leave at anytime so that is why I joined. I obviously didn't read all of it because of the monetization question above. It hasn't helped me at all so far but aside from improving my content (which only I can do), I am still searching for every way to grow my channel that won't scrutinize it in the process.

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are 17 articles on here (one that i wrote also) on networks, and im telling you joining a network with a channel your size is not worth it all, even at my channel size its STILL not worth it (...)
I can argue with that (for example I gained access to a $20 (per month) tool I actively use and I am far from earning so much) - but we are not here to argue ;)

In most networks, you dont have to monetize, they allow disabling it - but then question is, why did you joined network? Was there any reason?

Vlodril

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can argue with that (for example I gained access to a $20 (per month) tool I actively use and I am far from earning so much) - but we are not here to argue ;)

In most networks, you dont have to monetize, they allow disabling it - but then question is, why did you joined network? Was there any reason?
Plus you get paid monthly (even if its a pittance it might go to a new game).