Do I have “IT” or nah?

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I’m in my head a lot. In the YT business you see ppl blow up left and right. You begin to wonder are you doing something wrong. 1 part of me is like it takes time for greatness to be discovered. The other part is like you’re wasting your time. I know everything comes with time but in this instance I don’t know if what I’m doing is even being liked. I do what I like and hope others will too. Am I worthy of the youtube game or nah? Should I keep going? Should I give it up or change anything?

Reactions: SidTV

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
I feel like the ''greatness takes time'' thing is something tons of people use as some kind of justification for not accepting that their concept is not working. As you are asking feedback here, I will take your channel as an example: less then 300 subs in 2 years of making videos in a market (vlogging) that is over saturated? It is very unlikely (not impossible) that your concept will work. The numbers just don't paint a pretty picture in that regard.

Are you worthy of the Youtube game? Sure you are. From the looks of it, you are just not worthy of the Youtube Fame (yet).
Should you keep going or quit? whatever you want. Nobody can answer that question for you.
Should you change anything? If you want to be successful? Probably.

I would start with taking down that channel trailer. You saying you are going to be a great Youtuber one day is such a hard turn off. You are just painting a bad picture of yourself. People love cocky if they back up what they say (Connor McGregor is a great example). You are not backing up anything, so people are not going to take you seriously and they are going to think you are delusional. Same with stating that you think you are really funny. Be confident, make the jokes and let them speak for themselves. By saying that you are really funny, you are just inviting people to be extremely critical of you.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
No. Sometimes the truth hurts but it’s often the best thing to be told. As far as “it” to be a huge channel and live off of YouTube forever, no.

The same as if someone asked me if they’d ever be an Olympic althete, I’d say no, as it’s a rare thing that only the few best can do. And even then, many of them don’t succeed.

However as far as just having fun in free time. Sure, go for it and enjoy it!