• Nupe

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, recently I've been using quite a bit of hashtags on my youtube videos and I've noticed form
"TubeBuddy" which is like a analytical toolkit to help you with stuff like what people are searching up, how many people, and if the ratio between them is good. It also has a lot of other feature but regardless; I see that for some reason if you hashtag, it comes up as extremely positive for being searched and having very low competition at the same time for this tag.

If you wanna know what it looks like I have a comparison on this twitter link since I couldn't actually upload the picture =P
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
twitter.com/MultiDragon129/ status/767839522474393600 ←I can't upload links so take the space out of the status and slash to use it 0-0

Without the hashtag, obviously it's been searched ALOT and if you were to put that tag in your list of tags you would probably be pushed FAR down in the list of other videos with the same tag. I know it's probably good regardless to put the regular tag in for search relevance and all that stuff but it seems kinda crazy to me. Do people actually use Hashtags on youtube? and do they help your viewership? what do you guys think?

TheSGGamingChannel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, look at Keemstar... #DramaAlert is all over his channel, even his own thumbnails.

I really don't know as to whether it can help with getting views, but considering the fact that I don't see many YouTubers doing it, I don't think it makes too much a difference. Making quality content is key to getting viewers imho.

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, look at Keemstar... #DramaAlert is all over his channel, even his own thumbnails.

I really don't know as to whether it can help with getting views, but considering the fact that I don't see many YouTubers doing it, I don't think it makes too much a difference. Making quality content is key to getting viewers imho.
Thanks for the insight =P I do try my best to make quality videos....I just find it hard to bring them to light and get them noticed. 900 videos later and I'm still trying to figure out why XD "never give up" I guess...

TheSGGamingChannel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the insight =P I do try my best to make quality videos....I just find it hard to bring them to light and get them noticed. 900 videos later and I'm still trying to figure out why XD "never give up" I guess...
I know how it feels man...being a gaming channel isn't really easy. Its an over-saturated part of YouTube...finding the right tags, descriptions, and thumbnails is difficult.

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I check the tags on other videos to get ideas. One video had a lot of hashtags but when I checked them on TubeBuddy they did not rank high. The video had several tags that had two words run together, for example "#shelterdog." I usually tag "shelter dog" but I tried "shelterdog" and it ranked higher.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hashtags can help a Youtube Video if they end up being shared via another platform like Twitter or Instagram because the hashtags will automatically be displayed.

Last edited:

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know how it feels man...being a gaming channel isn't really easy. Its an over-saturated part of YouTube...finding the right tags, descriptions, and thumbnails is difficult.
It really is...I'm glad you understand =P

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think they help but maybe there more noticeable to some people because they stick out among other things. This may result in views as well.