Do Daily Uploads Help Smaller Channela Grow?

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The more I've been learning about the currentl algorthym, the more and more I read about how it favours daily uploads.

But if you're a smaller channel does this work? Surely it should be quality over quantity right?

Have any of you guys tried this, and if so, has it worked for you at all?

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Consistency is key, whether once everyday or once every monday. Everyday however is best. For new channels, do not worry about quality as much as posting your first videos. Most YouTubers have TERRIBLE initial videos, even some of the most famous.

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Being able to upload regularly is ultimately the goal, whether weekly daily, etc. Generally anything less than weekly and new viewers don't see the point in subbing and current viewers might unsub due to having that inactive subscription in their subscription box. Plenty of channels such as WillNE, Memeulous,Teo etc show that daily isn't necessarily what you have to do but if you can do it without comprimising quality then it should help because people finding your channel will want to check other videos and it will give them an incentive to sub seeing that the uploads are there

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tried daily and it made me lose 2 subs (checked the analytics and everything). It might have been 3, because one was from going to my page. I've noticed being consistent in general has helped me gain subs, but at the same time, I have some ads out there. However, I'm still getting 0-5 views a lot, so it's hard to tell if I'm actually making progress overall.

In short, the daily uploads didn't seem to hurt overall view totals per video or really help, but uploading every other day or so might be helping a bit.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you do daily uploads on the same topic over and over again each day, it will hurt your channel! But if you do daily uploads on different topics and experiment in each video, soon you will have quite a big channel with many topics that will gather different audience and each topic will have different amount of views. After you have that initial pool of videos, soon you will have a picture of which videos are performing better on your channel and which are not and what people are more likely to watch and give thumbs. The more videos and more topics you cover, the better. Don't be afraid to experiment! After figuring out what works best for you and what brings most of your audience to your channel, focus on that topic and grow your channel. That\s how I grew my channel over the years, but even today I am not afraid to experiment and do different topics and the subscribers often like it and I hope the ones that don't are forgiving me as soon as I stick to my channel main topics.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Consistency and quality :up2:
I know a bloke who's been uploading 4-5 videos a day every day for the last 5 years and he has over 1200 subs but all his videos only have between 20-70 views on them (Unless he makes them clickbaity or just flat out uploads clips from films and tv) because the quality of his uploads are absolutely shocking (He repeats himself over and over for20+ minutes...what he says isnt particularly interesting and he has a minute and a half intro and outro sequence on all his videos)

With my own channel realistically I realize it probably wouldnt hurt to upload twice a week but i'd be stretching my resources if I tried to do that at this point purely because of how much down time I have to actually edit. So I've settled on uploading every friday at roughly the same time and thats seemed to go alright so far... starting from next month i'm going to try and do a week where I upload twice every month as well just to help edge my bets a bit...but yeh...splurge uploading inconsistent quality videos will do your channel no good better to upload once or twice a week with good quality :)

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Surely it should be quality over quantity right?
I listened to an excellent podcast by Roberto Blake that discussed this. He made a very good point that quality and quantity actually go hand in hand, it's not a question of one or the other. The more you produce videos then the better your quality will become - you need quantity in order to achieve quality.

Having said that, I really don't know how YouTubers manage to produce one video a day. I spent the best part of yesterday and today preparing for a series of videos in the hope of filming four finished videos tomorrow. My intention was to publish one a week over the next four weeks. I've actually only succeeded in preparing for three... so I can hardly imagine the amount of time and energy that goes into publishing every single day!

Reactions: daniel burgio

Beneviolant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went from posting one 10min video every month to 1 short clip everyday...
can't give you a definite answer yet (only been doing it for 2 week), but it does help you stay focus on your task on the daily basis

danyatm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
good content of course ... but if you are a perfectionist then it is unlikely that someone will see your video. my advice is to upload videos more often if possible. Small channels are always helpful. Do not stand still move forward. With new videos, your skills and quality will grow. It's no secret that YouTube loves channels that download videos often