Do Calls-To-Action really work?

Hanne Verleysen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi y'all!

Many youtubers use calls-to-action at the end or beginning of their video where they literally tell people to click on the subscribe and like button.
But I started wondering, does that really increase the amount of subscribers you get?
I mean, personally, if I like someone's content I will subscribe and otherwise I won't. Someone telling me to do so won't make me sub any faster (on the contrary).

There are probably a lot of you who use CTA. Have you noticed any difference before vs after you started doing that?

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Yea, CTAs do work. The average viewer already knows what they are going to do or watch once they are done with your video. So you gotta hit them with a CTA (At a decent time in the video) to make sure they do. Some people such as yourself might not like it but on average it's been proven to increase growth.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I sure works. But it depends on how you use it IMO. I try with humor when I want people to sub/like. It works the best (for me anyways) :)

samthompson

Reaction score
Yes. The role of "call-to-action is important as it connect your viewers’ experience and action, guiding them to the next step of the user's journey.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think I watched a video or read an article about someone who had tested the results of calls to action and the conclusion was that they do indeed work and they resulted in more people subbing / liking / leaving a comment. :)

Reactions: Krisfire

likeups

Reaction score
Website
www.likesups.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hello @
Hanne Verleysen

Thanks for asking this question. According to my point of view, CTA works because a call to action tells the audience exactly what to do if they like your videos or channel & also helps to maintain your channel credibility.