Do bandwagon Videos annoy you?

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Doing news videos I find it hard to avoid the drama. I do my best however and I mean that as youtube and all this politicrap we have going on. I sometimes feel like I should just give in, Make those drama videos about who tweeted this and what one said that but I cant bring myself to do it. I know I could get views doing it but is it really worth following that kind of subject day in and day out. I cant imagine it would be good for my brain.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
No. Because I don't watch anything on YouTube! (Except old commercials and friends videos only )

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wha'ts up guys! Frank here!

So guys and gals, I was just doing my usual vid benching and suddenly I started getting slightly annoyed, reason being that all my suggested vids were about current drama/controversial topics. The main problem is not necessarily people talking about it but mainly that they have no new information to input. After watching 5 different ones from obscures tubers they were all saying the same thing as if they heard it from dramalert or scarce and decided to repeat them almost word by word. I don't quite know exactly what annoys me more, if it's the feeling of I just fell for click bait or that a lot of people jump on bandwagons without doing any research on their own just for the clicks.
First of all, you have a fantastic name. I used to feel the exact same way about bandwagon videos. I still do to an extent...to me it's not creative really to just create something because everyone else is. I've always HATED doing things that "everyone is doing" ... one reason I never took social media too seriously until recently (which has been amazing, helped my career, lots of stuff on this another time).

The main thing to remember is
YouTube is a search engine - because of this, you HAVE to create a mix of content that is trending in order to gain more views and subs. As great as it is to be original, it's also equally important to be relevant.

Reactions: CrazFrank