Diversifying my monetization

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
I just added a paypal donation option in my video descriptions, and my future videos will also have options for Litecoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin.

This is on top of the business shoutout I put on the very bottom of all my descriptions for my real estate company. I initially put that in there for the YouTube backlinks to my website, but I will eventually get YT traffic from these as well.

What is everyone doing to monetize after YT stuck it to us recently?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I don't really feel like YouTube has "stuck it to me", however I've been looking at ways to monetise my channel for a while now.
This week I shall be releasing my first webinar which I shall promote on my channel later today, along with on Linked'In and Facebook.
It's been quite a learning curve figuring out how to set up a webinar and the best way to monetise it - I'll probably post the results of what I learned next week.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Apart from AdSense I have three more income sources
1. Affiliate lins for Amazon
2. Selling gear that I got for free to review
3. Uploading videos to Amazon

Reactions: UKHypnotist

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Seriously, does Prime Video actually matter? Is there any money to be made there from your typical YouTuber? I've looked at it and it seems to be aimed at the high-end video producer.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I just added a paypal donation option in my video descriptions, and my future videos will also have options for Litecoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin.

This is on top of the business shoutout I put on the very bottom of all my descriptions for my real estate company. I initially put that in there for the YouTube backlinks to my website, but I will eventually get YT traffic from these as well.

With Google at large set to ban all advertising for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as of June, you may want to rethink that "future videos" move. If you proceed, there may be a channel termination in your future; as YouTube is part of the Google platform.

PayPal Donations are only for non-profit charities; and if you garner over a certain threshold amount which differs by country of residence, their system is set to automatically call for evidence of the account owner's registered affiliation with a charity, or owner's legal registration as a charity. Failure to provide such evidence will result in the account being locked; and all money in same, frozen until such time as the required evidence is given.

A complete rethinking of strategy is in order here, in my opinion...

As I am an Audio Production Company in my own right, my diversification platform is set up thusly:

A: An Exclusive contract for production of Royalty Free Music with Shockwave Sound

B: A Record Label, founded last year and just about to open its doors for contracting artists external to my brand

C: Independent consumer audio release using multiple distribution channels.

Last edited: