TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
looking for some supporters in my content. had me a crappy day and am feeling pretty discourage that im already gettin dislikes on a video that i barely made public like 15 min ago... like really wtf??? i understand about /trolls/haters... i get it.. but dude... literally goen to dislike a vid that barely just went public with low view count...
wow....

not trying to sound like a whiner, just havin a bad day, and really could use some support,
Untill you start your own channel, you don't realise how each dislike is a dagger in the heart of small channel. But they didn't mean it personally, so try not to take it personally.

A quote that inspires me in such situations is:
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

Aka the only way to not get s**t, is to do absolutely nothing, but you are you doing something, you are being something... and that is kinda cool right?!

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
At least they didn't go and leave a comment on something they hate about you personally. You could just ignore dislikes and just take it like a motivation to improve your editing or sound or camera work or pacing. Usually its something trivial if they don't even bother leaving a comment.

I mean, I get comments talking s**t about my voice sometimes, its not like I can change my voice much. :spin:Literally my voice, not even my recording or the video itself heh.

Niways, good luck with tomorrow since today seems bad already >.> Fight on!!! \(>.<)/

Reactions: Jenelly

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
looking for some supporters in my content. had me a crappy day and am feeling pretty discourage that im already gettin dislikes on a video that i barely made public like 15 min ago... like really wtf??? i understand about /trolls/haters... i get it.. but dude... literally goen to dislike a vid that barely just went public with low view count...
wow....

not trying to sound like a whiner, just havin a bad day, and really could use some support,
When I started to get my first dislikes I was equally bummed. Your channel is your baby, you don't want people to hate it. And when it comes to the internet, when someone doesn't like something, they are vocal about it. But just think about it the way youtube does, which is an interaction from a viewer. They thought about your channel enough to give it a dislike, which still means something. Unfortunately, as the internet is a big place filled with all kinds of people, including incompatible or even hateful ones, everyone will never like your video. The only way to not risk dislikes is if your channel viewers are only your friends and family who will support you no matter what, so you can see it as a sign of growth. :)

It's important to learn how to let negativity roll off your back when you have a public online presence, as one day dislikes may turn into more upsetting things such as getting messages of rape threats or derogatory insults :sour2: at least from a female youtuber perspective (not saying it's even remotely ok for people to say those types of things, it's disgusting. But you don't want something like that to derail you). :banghead2:

Last edited:

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's important to learn how to let negativity roll off your back when you have a public online presence, as one day dislikes may turn into more upsetting things such as getting messages of rape threats or derogatory insults :sour2: at least from a female youtuber perspective (not saying it's even remotely ok for people to say those types of things, it's disgusting. But you don't want something like that to derail you). :banghead2:
That stuff is disgusting, horrible, and just really sad that women have to put up with stuff like that and people act like there's no problem.

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That stuff is disgusting, horrible, and just really sad that women have to put up with stuff like that and people act like there's no problem.
Yeah it's awful. And the culture of victim blaming where people call you out for just speaking up about it, when you're supposed to keep silent about it, is just awful. Plus if you even try to say victim blaming is a thing, the Meninists are at your throat saying you're a femnazi or sjw even if you're just speaking the truth. Misogyny on the internet is quite pervasive even if some people don't believe it :(

Reactions: TwoTakes