Dislike botting and how to deal with it?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We had trolls on one video once, but it was with a reason: after sharing it on reddit. Even though it was in the right section, some people were really against what my partner said there, and commented and disliked. It's weird, but it's also the most viewed video on my channel, over 1k :/ The funny thing is we didn't give up and kept talking to the guys and tell them our point and that we mean no harm....after a loooooong long talk they understood and they let us be. They didn't take the dislikes back though hahahah
Anyway this shouldn't let you down or anything, you're so close to 1000 subscribers!!!
i know im just so stressed at the moment and that didnt help, thankyou for the comment on my video btw :)

Reactions: Larya

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeaaah no big deal, I liked the video and related to it haha

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I got my very first "Dislikes" a couple weeks ago, both on the same day I think. I laughed when I saw them. Then I watched random YouTube videos for a while. I didn't give 'em a second thought. I find it hard to get upset that someone didn't like a video or two of mine when there are videos people make that I don't like. Sure, I keep my finger off that button and they don't, but that's what makes them who they are and me, well... I think I'm pretty awesome in my book! :D

As far as the people who might not watch your videos because of a few dislikes... think of YouTube like a pub where every week hundreds of people come just to see you, would you care if a couple people you didn't know, chose not to? ;)

Reactions: ItsBecky and Larya

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I got my very first "Dislikes" a couple weeks ago, both on the same day I think. I laughed when I saw them. Then I watched random YouTube videos for a while. I didn't give 'em a second thought. I find it hard to get upset that someone didn't like a video or two of mine when there are videos people make that I don't like. Sure, I keep my finger off that button and they don't, but that's what makes them who they are and me, well... I think I'm pretty awesome in my book! :D

As far as the people who might not watch your videos because of a few dislikes... think of YouTube like a pub where every week hundreds of people come just to see you, would you care if a couple people you didn't know, chose not to? ;)
this is a very good way of looking at it definetly!

MTR88

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Best just to ignore them and not let it bother you. Regardless of the topic or how your video is done, there will always be someone who dislikes it. It's sad in a way considering it's someone's opinion or they do it in spite. Any mild negative comments I delete them... Insulting or complete ignorance, they get blocked. I've currently taken a jump in dislikes, not really sure what's up and I will admit it's a tad bit worrying. They're older lower quality videos, so once the weather warms up, I'll probably redo them and delete the older versions. We'll see...

Reactions: ItsBecky